phototechincal.com (should i be happy?)

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

phototechincal.com (should i be happy?)

Postby redline on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:34 pm

well well well.
after having sent off the d70 for repairs on the first week of Feb 06.
with numerous calls to their "sevice hotline" i was intially given the time frame at one month. this was their ongoing gag as weeks/months went by i was given this time frame to allow parts for repairs.

To my surprise i found my mailbox with my repaired d70, today.

I was also told that my initial postage cost would be refunded and that i would get a call once repairs were complete/update. Iam still waiting PT.

should i be happy? maybe its the old saying you get what you paided for.
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby Wocka on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:49 pm

This report has me a little worried. As my camera is nearing the end of it's 12 month manufacturers warrenty, I was thinking of purchasing this extra warrenty.

Based on your experience it doesn't sound like there would be any benefit to having this warrenty compared to nothing at all. In this timeframe I'd expect I could send direct to Canon for repairs at a faster rate.

Cheers
Warwick
=======
Canon 40D : 350D
Canon 18-55mm : Canon 75-300mm IS USM : Sigma 30mm EX HSM DC 1.4 : Sigma 10-20mm
Wocka

Return to Trader Opinions