Info on HK Supplies

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby birddog114 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:06 am

cricketfan wrote:
Birddog114 wrote:When you have time, can you post the itemized bill from FedEx, a little bit of mysteries there on $88.11 charged.

Birddog
No sign of any bill from FedEx itemising GST. Don't know how it was calculated.
Merry Christmas :)

FedEx normally attached it to the side of the package in a clear plastic envelope.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby the foto fanatic on Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:34 am

Yes, I got the stuff out of the envelope - but nothing about GST anywhere.
Just the original consignment note and Poon's invoice.
the foto fanatic

Postby theK on Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:52 pm

Does anyone know why 'etefore' (HK Supplies) only has 11 items for sale (just before I post this) on eBay? They're not closing down, are they? Perhaps it's just shortage of Nikon/Nikkor stock?
theK

Postby Onyx on Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:58 am

Bugger, only 11 items for sale?! Someone mustn't be doing their job right... ;)

The short/medium term plan is for HKSupplies to shift away from an ebay based biz into a standalone online retailer. A new website is under design and construction (yes, the old one is kinda neglected). The reason for this shift is 'the boss' feels too much of his profit margin are being eaten away by ebay listing fees and paypal transaction fees. They moved into new offices this chinese new year, so I guess what you're witnessing is the early transition phase.

Additionally, D70user's orders make up a not-insignificant portion of business from HKSupplies, and any orders via Birddog still gets the royal treatment - aka rushed delivery and first preference for those hard to source or in shortage items.
Onyx

Postby kipper on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:01 am

Yeah I wondered why HKS never really had a decent website to order from. While eBay is a good way to sell products, I've heard the commercial side of it is quite costly. So it will be good to see HKS with a decent online point of sale.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby birddog114 on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:34 am

kipper wrote:Yeah I wondered why HKS never really had a decent website to order from. While eBay is a good way to sell products, I've heard the commercial side of it is quite costly. So it will be good to see HKS with a decent online point of sale.

While they're doing on eBay they don't need the decent good website, and they don't take CC as their preferred payment, everyone wants buy cheap but never think the more seller invested or commited into the stores the more the cost added to your purchases, and you all pay for it, it's not free :wink:
If I have a huge stores as Vanbar with number of young good looking chicks, nice decorations, good position, my prices will never be good as right now, extra dollars will be charged to pay for those chicks, guess! who will pay my bills :?:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Previous

Return to Trader Opinions