Beijing

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Beijing

Postby D50 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a photographic shop/store in Beijing that sells Nikon gear. I'm particularly interested in Nikkor and/or third party lenses. What are the prices like?
Visiting Beijing mid-February.

Thanks
D50

Postby gstark on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:09 am

Beijing????

I'm not sure that there's too many places to shop there. Are you also going through Hong Kong?

And you need to be aware of the warranty issues and duty-free allowances for when you get back here. There are certainly bargains to be had, but you need to assess the risks involved and assure yourself that you are, at the end of the day, getting as good a deal as you think you are.

Often you do.

And frequently, you don't.

And ...

Welcome to our forums. Please update your profile so that it's in compliance with our rules. Brisbane (simply a capital sity or state) doesn't cut it, and it says that on the page that you ised to register with. Suburb please.

But otherwise, please enjoy the resource that we have, and please be sure to share with us some images that you've made with your camera.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Beijing

Postby Geoff on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:38 am

D50 wrote:Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a photographic shop/store in Beijing that sells Nikon gear. I'm particularly interested in Nikkor and/or third party lenses. What are the prices like?
Visiting Beijing mid-February.

Thanks

Welcome D50 - all the best with choosing some new gear...always exciting!!
You will find a wealth of knowledge and some truely fantastic people on this forum. I've been around here for a while and honestly can't go for more than a few days without a 'fix' - it's like a drug, powerful, enjoyable, and addictive....the good thing is that it's fairly harmless to your health. Having said that you will develop a lust for new gear/lenses and general toys that will have you spending money that you might not actually have hehehe.. :)

Also look forward to seeing your updated profile 8)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Return to Trader Opinions