JD-Onlineshop

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

JD-Onlineshop

Postby blaize on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:44 pm

Hi,
I'm new to these forums but have had my D-70 for a bit over a year now which i bought with a 50mm lens and SB-800 from JD-onlineshop and they were great to deal with.
3 weeks ago i bought a new 18-70mm lens as my 28-80mm died. I didn't see it after 10 days so sent them an e-mail on the 6th Oct and two days later Dan got back to me and apologised and said it would be sent out with a compensation gift so i though woo hoo a gift!! Well it is over a week later nad still no lens of replies to any of my e-mails so now i'm getting worried!!
Does anyone know these guys or even have a phone number i can try??? i feel like i might have done my money :-(

thanks

Tony
blaize

Postby Nnnnsic on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:54 pm

Welcome to the forum, Blaize.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune... what's the url for their site?
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby birddog114 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:56 pm

Tony,
I knew this Dan, he has a contact in Melbourne but sure they're based in Perth, their goods come from Singapore, had some bad experiences with them before and I posted with few comments about them last year when the forum started.

Good luck!!!!!!!!
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:57 pm

Nnnnsic wrote:Welcome to the forum, Blaize.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune... what's the url for their site?

This is the one:

http://www.jd-onlineshop.com/Lens/tamronlens.htm
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby blaize on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:59 pm

Thanks for that Guys he is a big seller on eBay but since i bought my other stuff off him through eBay and had his e=mail addy i bought direct this time which may be my downfall!!!

cheers

Tony PS: What a great site and forum!!!!
blaize

Postby MattC on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:08 pm

Interesting, I have bought stuff direct from this guy and it has not been a problem. Even get a discount for not going through eBay. BTW, his email is usually in his eBay ads.
MattC

Postby blaize on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:12 pm

Yes i have bought direct from him before with no problems at all.

But this time seems a bit dodgy.... I have his e-mail and have sent him 4 or 5 e-mails over the last week or so with no replies to any of them!!!

Thanks

Tony
blaize

Postby MattC on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:20 pm

Tony,

You have a PM waiting with personal and contact details for JD-Online. They were forthcoming with those details when asked prior to my first purchase from them.
MattC

Postby radar on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:27 pm

Always being the optimist,

He's gone on a photography holiday :wink:

good luck and let us know how you go,

radar
radar

Postby blaize on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:39 pm

MattC wrote:Tony,

You have a PM waiting with personal and contact details for JD-Online. They were forthcoming with those details when asked prior to my first purchase from them.

Thanks very much for that Matt.... will see if i can get hold of him and sort it out.

cheers

Tony
blaize

Postby blaize on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:45 pm

Good news i think..... the landline was disconnected which filled me with dread. I then rang the mobile and after what seemed forever Jan answered and was very helpful saying the lens was sent over a week ago and she will trace it for me on Monday. So wait and see what happens!!! I will post results and thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Tony
blaize

Postby MattC on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:55 pm

That sounds like a bit of good news at least. I was a little worried that those contact details were a bit old - I got those back in November. Hopefully she kept the tracking number if she sent it Australia Post (I always ask for this straight up) - I also like to buy insurance for most things.

Hope it all works out well for you.

Cheers
MattC

Postby birddog114 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:36 pm

radar wrote:Always being the optimist,

He's gone on a photography holiday :wink:
radar

Africa! safari trip! :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby blaize on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:30 pm

Well it is 3:30 Monday and no e-mail phone call or lens!!!
I'm getting a very uneasy feeling about this now......
blaize

Postby MattC on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:33 pm

Maybe time to give the bank a call and bounce the credit card payment. If nothing else it will get their attention.
MattC

Postby Greg B on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:53 pm

Definitely that time.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby gstark on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:07 pm

MattC wrote:Maybe time to give the bank a call and bounce the credit card payment. If nothing else it will get their attention.

Make sure that you sed them an email letting them know that you have done this, and exactly why.

That should help get their attention, perhaps a bit quicker than the bank's action might.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby MattC on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:12 pm

gstark wrote:Make sure that you sed them an email letting them know that you have done this, and exactly why.

That should help get their attention, perhaps a bit quicker than the bank's action might.

That would probably solve all of the communication woes. I bet there would be a swift response.
MattC

Postby gstark on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:16 pm

MattC wrote:
gstark wrote:Make sure that you sed them an email letting them know that you have done this, and exactly why.

That would probably solve all of the communication woes. I bet there would be a swift response.

Exactly

:)

:)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby pippin88 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:45 pm

Though be aware that that action will probably piss them off, as they get slugged with a fair fee. So I wouldn't do it if you wanted to buy anything from there again.
- Nick
Gallery
pippin88

Postby Greg B on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:53 pm

Given blaize's experiences to date, I suspect that there will not be any desire to deal with them again.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby radar on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:53 pm

FYI,

sent them a query on a lens that I'm interested in, they replied yesterday, so they are around.

Cheers,

radar
radar

Postby gstark on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:55 pm

What's he got to lose?

They've not sent him anything, nor have they been responding to his emails to them.

ANy problems that they suffer in this caes are entirely of their own making.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:19 pm

radar wrote:FYI,

sent them a query on a lens that I'm interested in, they replied yesterday, so they are around.

Cheers,

radar

Yes, next step: send them money and they won't answer your emails :wink:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby radar on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:23 pm

Birddog114 wrote:
Yes, next step: send them money and they won't answer your emails :wink:

Wasn't going to try that :twisted:
radar

Postby blaize on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Yes i would bounce the CC payment but trouble is i paid by direct deposit so I'm stuffed so to speak!!
I have just sent them an e-mail asking them to refund my money and if i get it back (forever hopeful) i will look elsewhere for a new lens :-)

cheers

Tony
blaize

Postby marcotrov on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:56 pm

I've dealt with jd-online. I made my first foray into the digital world there when I bought my D70 and kit lens along with lexar cards remote release and sb600. That's before i knew of this forum and had enough posts to use the venerable sales and service talents of Birddog.
All i can say on their defence is the first purchase was great everything perfect. After that i tried to purchase a stofen diffuser for the SB600 but after 4 months of nothing after having paid $38 something for it and a few email replies of no problem would you like refund. Nothing ever came to fruition. I just forgot about the loss and now, an SB800 and an 80-400VR later, I only have eyes and money for Birddog. Gee! I could make some money here with title rights to the next James Bond movie.
Do your 'porridge' blaize and let Birddog take care of the rest.
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby gstark on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:28 pm

Every few m nths I see stories like this, despite the ready availability of our bargains section and the exceptional service and prices available through Birddog.

My only comment is that, for those who choose to not buy through our resources, I have trouble raising too much sympathy towards them.

And I will not accept the excuse of not having enough posts to buy through Thanh; like, how much effort is it, really, to become a member of this community?
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby marcotrov on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 pm

Actually I had no intention of making it sound like penitance, Gary. This forum is very stimulating and really enlightening most times. I only wish i had more time to be stimulated.
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby blaize on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:49 pm

gstark wrote:Every few m nths I see stories like this, despite the ready availability of our bargains section and the exceptional service and prices available through Birddog.

My only comment is that, for those who choose to not buy through our resources, I have trouble raising too much sympathy towards them.

And I will not accept the excuse of not having enough posts to buy through Thanh; like, how much effort is it, really, to become a member of this community?

Hi Gary,
Yes i should have done that but i was new to forums and this one in particular and wasn't aware of the service Birddog offered. Also I had made several purchases over a 12 month period with no problems!!! Their service was prompt and their prices good as far as eBay goes with realistic freight charges. So i thought i would use his services again.
It wasn't a matter of not making an effort i just wasn't aware of the services at the time i made the purchase.
Live and Learn i guess............ and for sure if i manage to get my money back i will be sending Birddog a PM!!!

Thanks

Tony
blaize

Postby blaize on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:04 pm

Well I spoke to Jan from JD-Onlineshop (yes i had to ring her) and according to her she has traced the parcel with Aust Post and the postcode was incomplete 247 instead of 2470 so it is fixed now and I should see it tomorrow!! Not counting my eggs but the explaination sounds feasible?? Still it by no means accounts for their lack of communication on this matter!!!

Will post results tomorrow.

cheers

Tony PS: Many thanks to Birdy for all his advice and help on this!!!
blaize

Postby blaize on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:56 pm

Went to the PO this morning and nearly fell over when they handed me my lens!!!!
It didn't come with the original packaging but has the paperwork, caps etc and soft case so i would asume it was a pull from a D70s kit.
They also added a small camera case and a software package (The 123 of digital Imaging) which i'm yet to look over. The lens works beautifully so I'm a happy man now!!!
The PO confirmed it was only posted on Monday afternoon so they were a little creative with the truth and i definately won't be dealing there again.
There was also a note thrown in the parcel saying their freight got wet and the original package was damaged....... this i think again is sus but I have my lens so end of story.

Tony
blaize

Postby birddog114 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:01 pm

blaize wrote:Went to the PO this morning and nearly fell over when they handed me my lens!!!!
It didn't come with the original packaging but has the paperwork, caps etc and soft case so i would asume it was a pull from a D70s kit.
They also added a small camera case and a software package (The 123 of digital Imaging) which i'm yet to look over. The lens works beautifully so I'm a happy man now!!!
The PO confirmed it was only posted on Monday afternoon so they were a little creative with the truth and i definately won't be dealing there again.
There was also a note thrown in the parcel saying their freight got wet and the original package was damaged....... this i think again is sus but I have my lens so end of story.

Tony

blaize,
In my PM yesterday, I did point that out to you. Definitely it's from one of the D70s kit, they made a mistake by quoting you the price of the lens which they thought they can get it as before.
But now, it's not happening again, Nikon already chaged their mind and they know what their resellers/ Disti played with the separated boxed of the D70s kit.
Birddog114
birddog114

Return to Trader Opinions