Lavender Bay & Harbour Bridge

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Postby birddog114 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:26 pm

Or I'll take stubssy to the AP and meet Nicole + kipper, then they drop their bags in my truck, I'll take those bags to my base while stubbsy and Nicole + kipper hop on a train to LP.
I'll tell stubbsy tomorrow morning when I meet him, pls. let me know so I can organize my time and other things.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Glen on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:28 pm

Birddy, once again you have solved the day. That would be perfect. Kipper and Nicole, Birddy likes red :wink:
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:28 pm

gstark wrote:That makes little sense from a practical popint of view.

The hotel is in the wrong direction from the airport, when one is trying to get to LP.

I think I might go back to my previous idea of just going where people tell me.. seems to cause less confusing and headaches.. :)
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
Asking the Stupid Questions
<a href="http://www.platinumweaver.net/" alt="PlatinumWeaver Homepage">http://www.platinumweaver.net/</a>
PlatinumWeaver

Postby birddog114 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:30 pm

Glen wrote:Birddy, once again you have solved the day. That would be perfect. Kipper and Nicole, Birddy likes red :wink:

Kipper + Nicole, watch out for a truck with a 500mm mounted on the roof :lol: and ready to fire :lol:
A silver Mitsubishi Pajero with number plate: DANCOM. or call my mobile on the contact list if in case you can't see it.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Nicole on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:31 pm

I can't keep track of it all. Really appreciate you guys doing this! :D

Thankyou!
Nicole
Web Site
Nicole

Postby birddog114 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:31 pm

PlatinumWeaver wrote:

The hotel is in the wrong direction from the airport, when one is trying to get to LP.

I think I might go back to my previous idea of just going where people tell me.. seems to cause less confusing and headaches.. :)

I can pick you up at the F1 at 7:30 and we head straight to the AP meet the gang of two.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Nicole on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:34 pm

with a 500mm mounted on the roof

Now that is an accessory I'd like to have. Would go nice on a car window with that SafariSack I've got now. :D Better not get it out before my birthday or else Tony might get grumpy. :lol:

Thanks Birddog! :D
Nicole
Web Site
Nicole

Postby kipper on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:41 pm

Ok, I'll take over the gattling gun once we've been collected :)

ps. Birddog, don't show me a D2X while I'm in Sydney. I might be tempted to buy :)
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby birddog114 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:47 pm

PlatinumWeaver wrote:

Do you want to join with Nicole + Kipper at the AP? then I can pick you up at the F1 and straight to the AP. From there three of you or perhaps with stubbsy hop on a train heading to LP.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:56 pm

That would be nice Birddy.. thank you :)
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
Asking the Stupid Questions
<a href="http://www.platinumweaver.net/" alt="PlatinumWeaver Homepage">http://www.platinumweaver.net/</a>
PlatinumWeaver

Postby Onyx on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:59 pm

Just to throw a spanner into the mix, I intend on coming along to this Lavendar Bay & Bridge tour. If you fit in a Starlet, I'm happy to offer a lift.
Onyx

Postby HappyFotographer on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:59 pm

OK, can I have a show of hands from those needing a lift from F1 to Lavender Bay?

I can take 6 others and I know Fozzie also is in need of a lift to the Shipyards. The shipyards are right on the way, so am happy to take him as well if numbers permit.

Please reply to this thread.

Cheers
Deb
"Sometimes when you are sad Poko, it's good to hug the monkey."
HappyFotographer

Postby birddog114 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:02 pm

HappyFotographer wrote:OK, can I have a show of hands from those needing a lift from F1 to Lavender Bay?

I can take 6 others and I know Fozzie also is in need of a lift to the Shipyards. The shipyards are right on the way, so am happy to take him as well if numbers permit.

Please reply to this thread.

Cheers
Deb

To Lavender Bay:
I know: Nicole + Kipper + PW + stubbsy will hop on the train at the AP station.
Edit:
Remaining: Mudder, Digitor x 2, you have three pax at F1 + yourself.
+ fozzie to the shipyard.
I think that's all.
Last edited by birddog114 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:10 pm

bump
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby HappyFotographer on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:13 pm

Excellent Birddog, my head was beginning to spin with who was going where.

Birddog114 wrote:Edit:
Remaining: Mudder, Digitor x 2, you have three pax + yourself.
+ fozzie to the shipyard.
I think that's all.

If there is anyone not on this list whom would like to be, raise your hands now.

Is an 8am pickup OK? That should give us time to get Fozzie to the shipyards and find a park.
"Sometimes when you are sad Poko, it's good to hug the monkey."
HappyFotographer

Postby kipper on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:18 pm

I'll buy the red, Birddy can provide the glasses :)
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby Glen on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:41 pm

Onyx, is the starlet blonde or brunette?

It seems all are sorted for lifts, Stubbsy and train guys the station is Milsons Point on the North Shore line. When you come down the stairs from the platform, turn right in the tunnel then start walking down the hill towards the Bridge. When you hit the harbour, turn right and look towards the big face, we will be there :wink:
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby stubbsy on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:58 pm

Been at a friend's place for dinner. A lot happens while you're away. Sounds like a plan. I know my way around the AP and station and should have no probs at Milson's point (says he bravely).

For Saturday there's a train that leaves AP at 8:12 arrives Milsons point 8:42 (change @ Central) or leave AP at 8:31 arrive 9:01 at Milsons point or if very late leave AP at 8:42 arrive Milsons Point 9:12

I'm leaving for Sydney in the morning (Friday) and will arrive there about 10:30 or so. I'm dropping a friend off in the city and will probably meet Matt at the airport before he picks up fozzie @11:30. Unless I sleep in in which case I'll go to birddog's for a pick me up.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby birddog114 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:50 am

stubbsy wrote:Been at a friend's place for dinner. A lot happens while you're away. Sounds like a plan. I know my way around the AP and station and should have no probs at Milson's point (says he bravely).

For Saturday there's a train that leaves AP at 8:12 arrives Milsons point 8:42 (change @ Central) or leave AP at 8:31 arrive 9:01 at Milsons point or if very late leave AP at 8:42 arrive Milsons Point 9:12

I'm leaving for Sydney in the morning (Friday) and will arrive there about 10:30 or so. I'm dropping a friend off in the city and will probably meet Matt at the airport before he picks up fozzie @11:30. Unless I sleep in in which case I'll go to birddog's for a pick me up.

Peter,
When you are in Sydney this morning, can I see you, I need some helps here.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Glen on Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:50 am

Stubbsy can yoy PM me your mobile number, just in case you are the last group to arrive?
Thank You
Glen

Postby Glen on Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:30 am

Skies are very clear today, not a cloud to be seen, bridge has that moody black look it has at this time of the morning, max temperatue predicted is 18 degrees and we have the Australian and NSW flag flying over the bridge today. Look forward to seeing all down there. :D
Thank You
Glen

Previous

Return to Sydney