Where to buy a tripod in Sydney

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Where to buy a tripod in Sydney

Postby chrisk on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi all, new to the forum. great to see a place with so many aussies around and plenty of nikon users ! :shock:

i'm looking to replace a broken up, (i ran over it), tripod and don;t know where in sydney i can see a few and get a good price. the usual suspects of camera house etc i try and avoid when i can cos of the cost.

does anyone know where i can get something at a reasonable price and preferabley have a look at it and play with it for a while. i don;t have an issue with buying online if anyone knows a good place.

am after a manfretto or similar quality tripod. thanks for your help. :)
chrisk

Postby devilla101 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:19 pm

If you want to play around with tripods and see them standing up, Teds camera at Pitt St is quite good. I got a Sherpa Velbon 250 for $130 and a Manfrotto monopod 680B for $90. Don't know if the price is good but I needed them on the day. There is also Fletchers which is a couple of doors down and Harvey Norman in the MLC centre as well have a couple. But for range I would go at Teds
devilla101

Postby Vodka on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 pm

From my recent research into Manfrotto ball heads, Vanbar is one of the cheapest. As per my other thread, I asked Ted's in Pitt St to price match. :)

centre.net.au have a good range of Slik and Manfrotto tripods too (as well as other quirky products).

Ben
Vodka

Postby Matt. K on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:19 pm

Tripods r us... or tripod world. Best range and prices. :D :D
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby chrisk on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:41 pm

thanx all. any suggestions on which head to get, i won;t be doing anything too tricky. the manf 190 is what i'm leaning towards but would like some suggestions if possible. i have a d80 with 18-200vr, 50mm f1.8, sigma 10-20mm. btw: are you taking the piss with tripods r us and tripod world or are they actual stores ?? :?
chrisk

Postby Matt. K on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:01 pm

Rooz
Who?...Me?...Taking the piss? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby chrisk on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 pm

yeah i know, that would be unheard of for an australian...just unheard of. :lol:
chrisk

Return to Sydney