Quarantine Station Heritage Tour

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Quarantine Station Heritage Tour

Postby gleff on Wed May 24, 2006 10:51 am

I was thinking of going to the Quarantine Station for a heritage tour on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I haven't been there in a while and i'm itching to get some photo's.

If anyone is interested in going.. perhaps we can meet up or plan a mutual time/date.. a sort of mini minimeet :)

I looked into the possibility of organising a private photography tour for other members, but it's not really very viable. Apparently, even though we're amateur photographers, they would add a $330 charge to the minimum 20 person group booking and make us sign wavers etc. Yet, apparently, if you go via the public tours, you can still take photo's, and all it costs you is $11 for adults.

So.. If anyone is interested in meeting up, let me know. I'll probably be ringing them to book my own tour tomorrow for the weekend sometime.

For those that have never been, it's a really interesting place. It's where all the inbound ships into sydney were quarantined in the early 1800's until mid 1900's. Many people died on the site and were buried underneath where you walk because of all the horrible diseases around at the time. It's quite a historical and eerie place in my opinion but very interesting.

For more info.. check out http://www.manlyquarantine.com/QSmain.htm

Geoff
http://www.gleff.com

Re: Quarantine Station Heritage Tour

Postby sheepie on Wed May 24, 2006 12:13 pm

gleff wrote:...all the inbound ships into sydney were quarantined in the early 1800's until mid 1900's.

It's no wonder so many people died if they got stuck there for so long! :lol: :twisted:

Sounds like a great spot, this weekend is already very busy for me though - perhaps another time?
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Re: Quarantine Station Heritage Tour

Postby birddog114 on Wed May 24, 2006 12:57 pm

sheepie wrote:
gleff wrote:...all the inbound ships into sydney were quarantined in the early 1800's until mid 1900's.

It's no wonder so many people died if they got stuck there for so long! :lol: :twisted:

Sounds like a great spot, this weekend is already very busy for me though - perhaps another time?

That is my thoughts too? will you (gleff) get out of it after 1/2 day shooting or you'll be buried under, same as other victims :shock: :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Return to Sydney