Anyone else have media accreditation for the easter show?

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Anyone else have media accreditation for the easter show?

Postby Newidude on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:19 am

i'm going down to shoot the skateboarding but will have an acess pass to check everything else out. Was wondering if anyone else from here was going to be there shooting. I'd dare say I'll have a bit of a wander and maybe shoot some of the driving team or the rides in my free time, and if someone was going to be there I'd come and say hello.

Cheers.........Brad
Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to there level, then beat you with experience.
Although I gotta admitt, sometimes it makes for a good laugh ;)
Newidude

Postby Alpha_7 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:24 am

I've never been to the show, but had considered going with my camera to shoot candids, rides etc

Having never been before, I don't know what it's like or that I may or may not need accrediation ? Sure I only need accrediation for restricted areas ? Anyone in the know, can you fill me in ?
Alpha_7

Postby Nnnnsic on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:32 am

I doubt highly that you'll need accreditation to get in.

It's a family event and it's bloody unlikely they're going to stop people from bringing cameras in.

Also, there's nothing listed on the site about bringing in cameras... but there's a lot listed for the showbags.

You've really gotta wonder if $30 is worth going into a place where you have to pay for practically everything besides log cutting, a dog show, the odd music concert, arts and crafts, and the agricultural thingy.

EDIT: Bobdamnit. Now I have a reason to go.Grr. I still won't mind you, but at least there's a reason. Lol. Mmm... senseless violence... *drools*
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby gstark on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:44 am

Nnnnsic wrote:Now I have a reason to go.Grr. I still won't mind you, but at least there's a reason. Lol. Mmm... senseless violence... *drools*

I can't think of a better reason to go.

But again, it ain't (otherwise) worth it.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby losfp on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:03 am

That's cool, but oh so incredibly not worth $20.

Went last year for the first time in about ten years... Can't say I felt like I'd missed much. The crowds were massive, and the queues for showbags? Fergettaboutit.
losfp

Postby firsty on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 pm

I have a members pass so I will go 5 or 6 times during the show
and just see a part at a time and I won't go near the rides or the show bags
when you don't have to "do it" all one day it is not so bad
I just need a longer lens for the activities in the main arena and the rodeo
I take my food and drinks with me as the members have a cloakroom where you can leave your things and lots of room in the covered stands to take time out

here are a few shots from last year (with old point and shoot)

Image - Image

Image -

and one for Brad from the skateboard ramp
firsty

Postby Mal on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:42 pm

Brad, Unless you work for one of the big rags or networks you will not get a media pass. Also the closing date was a couple of weeks ago.
However just rock up point and shoot. I have worked out at the show for the past three years and just love wandering around during my breaks with the camera.
P.S If you are coming, make it Good Friday (the 14th) and come and visit the ABC van around 2pm. I need some new publicity photos for the young lady who appears under my name!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously just turn up, and have some fun, just stay away from the show bags!!!
And make sure you visit the photographic exhibition and see what the young school kids can produce!!!
Mal
I've got a camera, it's black. I've got some lens, they are black as well.
Mal

Postby Newidude on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:20 pm

Newidude wrote:i'm going down to shoot the skateboarding but will have an access pass to check everything else out.
Yeh cheers Mal

I already have my accred. Being in Newcastle I will probably only use my pass for one day though. Get what I have to get and go. Without the missus and kids I can't see myself wandering around looking at showbags except for the standard "bring us something home" deal. Any of the Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays works for me as they have an extras session at Monster Park. Looks like Good Friday could be the go. Didn't know they had a school photo exhibition so I will definatly be checking that out.
Cheers for the pic firsty. Hopefully I'll meet some other happy snappers from the site there ;)

Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to there level, then beat you with experience.
Although I gotta admitt, sometimes it makes for a good laugh ;)
Newidude

Postby wendellt on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:42 pm

i have accreditation
i got a press release about a 'wool' fashion show
I got to shoot it
so i may se you wandering around the place
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby Killakoala on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:56 pm

The what show????

Funny that i've been living in Sydney now for four years, but i've never been here for Easter. This year is no exception. :)

The last show i went to was the Royal Hobart show and it was in 1995. I drank lots of home-brew cider and ate about 1 kilo of fudge. I don't recall any showbags but i have little memory of the show anyway..... i think there may have been a horse involved somewhere....maybe....there were no crowds.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Sandy Feet on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:50 am

Like Firsty, I am a member and will be out at the show about 6 times over the event, the first trip being this Saturday if anyone is about

Cheers
Rod
Sandy Feet

Return to Sydney