Post Xmas dinner mini meet on Saturday 10/12/05

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Postby Matt. K on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:16 pm

Loz
Well done! That was a brilliant gesture and further supports why this forum is outbloodystanding for the quality of its membership.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby losfp on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:35 pm

Well, that was my first mini-meet, and I enjoyed it thoroughly! :)

Thanks to Birdie for his hospitality, and it was brilliant to meet all the members who were present. If you're not sure who I was, I was the one floating around in the background, looking sheepish because he didn't have a camera to bring to the mini-meet yet. Damn D70s hadn't turned up by Friday, so I was really on more of a scouting mission today.

Actually I think coming today was a really really bad idea. I left wanting things that I never even KNEW I needed :) It was GREAT fun playing with the fancy, expensive bits of glass at the MM. I loved the two tele zooms, on display, especially the 70-200VR. Also had a blast mucking around with the 10.5mm fisheye - I needs one of them at some point! :) :)

It gave me a lot of ideas, and it was just really good to eavesdrop on some people and get some new angles on things.

Hopefully my D70s and kit lens get here this week, and I can start "the journey" :)
losfp

Postby gleff on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:40 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it today.. I wish I could have given more notice to Birddog so someone could take my place, but I had last minute work commitments and was kinda unavoidable.

Glad everyone had a great time though.. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next one I can make.
http://www.gleff.com

Postby stubbsy on Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:20 am

Des

Was great to see a few new faces. I have your pic and a few others to add to the mug shot gallery in the next few days. Hope you get your new toy on Monday.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby birddog114 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:24 am

gleff wrote:Sorry I couldn't make it today.. I wish I could have given more notice to Birddog so someone could take my place, but I had last minute work commitments and was kinda unavoidable.

Glad everyone had a great time though.. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next one I can make.

Last minutes notice doesn't grant any clemency :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby losfp on Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:48 am

stubbsy wrote:Des

Was great to see a few new faces. I have your pic and a few others to add to the mug shot gallery in the next few days. Hope you get your new toy on Monday.

Stubbsy, I hope so too! I had a bit of a play with a couple of the cameras that were there on the day, but didn't feel comfortable really mucking about with them as they didn't belong to me!

Looking forward to the mugshots as well.... I think. I actually spent a few minutes yesterday arvo going through all the current mugshots going "oh, THAT's who that was I was talking to for 15 minutes earlier today...". Terrible with names and faces. Hopefully I can keep coming to more of the MMs, and get to know people a bit better.

It was great to check out a momento book too!
losfp

Postby radar on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:04 am

Great to see a number of new faces at the mini-meet on Saturday. Thanks again to Thanh and Tran for their great hospitality. BTW Birddog, you had me going for a very short time about the lens :oops:, I'll have to keep a closer eye for those tricks of yours next time :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

radar
radar

Postby birddog114 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:18 am

radar wrote:Great to see a number of new faces at the mini-meet on Saturday. Thanks again to Thanh and Tran for their great hospitality. BTW Birddog, you had me going for a very short time about the lens :oops:, I'll have to keep a closer eye for those tricks of yours next time :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

radar

radar,
I enjoyed your first :shock: ! at least it worked and you already worked out the fun of "DX" and "N/ Digital" :wink: :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Previous

Return to Sydney