Thank you

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Thank you

Postby birddog114 on Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:57 pm

Thank you all the attendees at the mini meet today.
Special thanks to leek and Sharon for preparation a special Mexican beef chili sour cream taco, it's delicious.
Also thanks to Joet & Chryssine for variety of cakes
And Yedrup with Special chicken in the pot.Greatly appreciated all your efforts and we have had a great fun day.
Looking forward to see all of you again at the next mini meet.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby sheepie on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:24 pm

...and the usual HUGE thankyou to Birddog and his lovely wife - these legendary meets would not be possible without your hospitality :)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Re: Thank you

Postby gleff on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Birddog114 wrote:Thank you all the attendees at the mini meet today.
Special thanks to leek and Sharon for preparation a special Mexican beef chili sour cream taco, it's delicious.
Also thanks to Joet & Chryssine for variety of cakes
And Yedrup with Special chicken in the pot.Greatly appreciated all your efforts and we have had a great fun day.
Looking forward to see all of you again at the next mini meet.

Birddog.. it's you we should be thanking for a great day as usual.

All the contributors deserve a big thank you as well. . You all continue to make a great day... well great.

Geoff
http://www.gleff.com

Postby Killakoala on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:57 pm

Thank you Birddog for once again hosting a wonderful meeting of some of the nicest people on the Earth.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby LostDingo on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:58 pm

Birddog, you and your lovely wife are such gracious hosts, how can we ever repay you?
LostDingo

Postby mR_CaESaR on Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:04 pm

wish i could have made it today at the meet but unfortunately i had other engagements.

For those that went, did you try the Benro Tripods? I'm really keen on trying to get myself a c227 and kb2, i just want to know how good it really is :)

specs wise the c227 is very similar to the manfrotto 055 pro and the kb-2 is similar to the bh3, but are they actually comparable? Is the quality that good?

I really liked the height of my manfrotto, but it was always a pain to carry, now i've also got the feisol, which is a little smaller then the manfrotto, but much lighter, i as hoping that the benro c227 would get the best of both worlds :)

as for the ballhead, i originally had the manfrotto 488rc2, which i liked, but the kb2 seems much nicer as it uses arca swiss plates.

Now i know that its been answered in another thread, but i just want to make sure that the gitzo extra low centre column will fit the benro (for extremely low angle work) before i purchase one from bhphoto (i dont' think anybody here would have that setup would they? benro with gitzo column?)

man, i wish i could have gone.

Maybe next time, do you guys welcome canon users too? I know that this forum are mainly nikkon users, so are canon users welcome to these things? (obviously no lens lust for me at these meets, but there's always tripod lust ;) :))
mR_CaESaR

Postby MCWB on Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:10 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it today Birdy, this morning was spent trying to track down an unauthorised publication of my photos by a commercial site! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm getting there, but I really missed seeing all you guys today, would have been much more fun than getting annoyed at some w@nker! :( :(
MCWB

Postby moggy on Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:58 pm

Thanks Birddog to you and your lovely wife for being such gracious hosts, once again you're a Legend! :)

8) Bob.

moggy

Postby wendellt on Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:26 pm

Thankyou birddog and tran your a lovely couple, nice to finally chat to your daughter Sandy as well, she is very talented and has a great creative future in front of her.

Thanks to Joe Chryssine, John and his wife and everyone else who contributed, it was a fun day!
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby stubbsy on Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:41 pm

Thanks to all the people who contributed to the great fare and the efforts of those who assembled it. Thanks also to everyone who attended. Catching up with people at the meets is one of the things that make this little internet outpost such a great community as well.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby antman on Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:02 am

Thanks to you Birddog and your lovely wife. I appreciated your kind hospitality.

It was nice to make it to my 1st meet and to put some faces to some names.

Learn't how to clean my sensor. Yeah. Thanks Matt.
Geoff C

My Gallery:http://geoffc.smugmug.com/
antman

Postby gstark on Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:04 am

Thanh,

As others have already noted, it's you who is deserving of the thank yo, for a variety of reasons. Your generosity, your graciousness, they way the you constantly and repeatedly open up your house to us ....

mR_CaESaR wrote:Maybe next time, do you guys welcome canon users too?

With open arms.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Potatis on Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:30 am

Thanks Birddog and Tranh for hosting the mini-meets, they are great fun and I really enjoyed myself yesterday. Thanks also to Mrs Leek for the very delicious food. :)

Thanks LostDingo for letting me try the SB-800, I'll be buying one as soon as I can now. :) Thanks to everyone for your company, it was great to catch up with all of you. See you at the next one. :)
Doug C.
Potatis

Return to Sydney