Interesting ball head review

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Interesting ball head review

Postby Matt. K on Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:33 pm

I found this rather interesting. Something different from the other side of the world.
http://www.naturfotograf.com/burzynski.html
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Dargan on Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:42 pm

Yes I came across this a while back, it is interesting but it is still a heavy bit of equipment, good to use indoors or not far from the car, a good idea for quick release advancement. Recall your interesting comment on a tripod made of three monopods, Matt. Is there anything a trekker could put in a backpack that is monopod and maybe has a clamp arrangement type thingy that you have come across? If not maybe we could design a solution here.
In the end we know Nothing, but in the meantime Learn like crazy.
Your Camera Does Matter Nikon D70 D200 D300
PPOK
Dargan

Postby birddog114 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:45 pm

Matt mentioned before try to utilize a ball on the towbar :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Greg B on Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:06 pm

My sometimes juvenile and prurient sense of humour finds statements such as this....

"An unprecedented rigidity is the feature that sets the Burzynski head off from all others"

very amusing.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Matt. K on Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:55 pm

Dargan
Manfrotto make a monopod that has a very light wire trinagle that turns it into a tripod. Check their website for more info.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

Postby ajo43 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:42 pm

I thought tha the best bit was the picture of his camera. What a tool of the trade this is. Looks like it has really seem some action

Regards

Jonesy
ajo43

Postby Matt. K on Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:46 pm

ajo43
And he's only had it for 3 weeks?
Shows how tough this Nikon stuff is. I had an old Nikkormat and whenever the light meter got stuck...which was fairly often, I would bang it against a brick wall. Loved that camera! It loved the rough treatment.
Digital is a different ballgame I think.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

Postby Greg B on Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:47 pm

Yep, that's a working camera alright. No doubt about it.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Greg B on Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:49 pm

Matt. K wrote:Shows how tough this Nikon stuff is. I had an old Nikkormat and whenever the light meter got stuck...which was fairly often, I would bang it against a brick wall. Loved that camera! It loved the rough treatment.

Remind me not to lend you any gear :lol: :lol:

Is that where you developed your theory about the unsuitability of brick walls as backdrops for portraits?
Greg - - - - D200 etc

- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Matt. K on Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:53 pm

Greg. B
The brickwall was my toolkit.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K

Postby ajo43 on Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:23 am

I am always amazed when I see a pro with gear worth more than my car carting his camera around banging it against things while his lenses don't have their covers (on either end) basically drag along the ground.

I suppose when your camera becomes a tool you lose respect for it. Maybe because the pro didn't pay for it either.
Regards

Jonesy
ajo43

equipment

Postby dooda on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:47 am

I don't like to baby my equipment too much, although with the D70, I'm more careful than usual. My F80 didn't mind a little beating, but digital stuff seems to be a little more touchy. I put it back in the bag if I'm climbing around on cliffs etc, where my F80 I would have just dangled it around my neck and let it kiss the rocks a few times.

I am even more like this with my guitar. I hate it when people baby their guitars. My guitar is so scratched and hacked it's a beautiful thing. It provides personality. I like to let little kids strap it on and play, their parents freak out and look at me and I'm fine with it. One day a kid grabbed it and broke the neck completely off. I just glued it on and there's no difference. (Now imagine Indiana Jones theme song)
dooda
Party Animal

Return to Equipment Reviews