Your independent opinion on difference CF card

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Your independent opinion on difference CF card

Postby birddog114 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:46 am

Have you used the Astone Gb 45x CF or Transcend 45x CF?

Have you notice any difference performance in between Transcend/ Astone/ Sandisk? writting/ transferring rate?

If yes, please post your independent opinion as reference for our members.

Thanks
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:13 am

I've got an Astone 1GB and a Transcend 512, plus a Tekq 512MB ...

The Tekq is a noname brand, and my first thoughts at when you asked this question was that I'd not noticed too much of a difference between any of these cards.

But that's not quite the case. Using the Tekq, I know that I'd sometimes had to wait while the camera's buffer emptied itself to the card. Since switching to the Transcend a much faster card - that's simply not happenned. I've only had the Astone a very short time, and it seems to be as fast as the Transcend, but I'll know more by Sunday night, as I'm expecting to do a fair bit of shooting this weekend.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Raydar on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:49 pm

I have the Transcend 45x 256.
I’ve fond it to be just as quick as the Sandisk ultra II

Very happy with it 8)

Cheers
Ray :P
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Postby Mj on Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:07 am

Using a transcend 1Gb... have tried a few different cards including Sandisk etc, haven't really seen much difference, but then I'm not comparing in laboratory conditions... if it works ok in the field... I'm happy :D
Mj

Postby Raydar on Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:20 pm

Mj wrote:Using a transcend 1Gb... have tried a few different cards including Sandisk etc, haven't really seen much difference, but then I'm not comparing in laboratory conditions... if it works ok in the field... I'm happy :D

That's all that counts!!

Cheers
Ray :P
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Return to Equipment Reviews