Adobe Illustrator CS2

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Adobe Illustrator CS2

Postby boxerboy on Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:53 pm

Went to the Adobe demo session last week, mainly for the Photoshop session, but also sat in on Illustrator. I've downloaded the Tryout (30 days) from the Adobe website and had a bit of a play.

These are examples of the Live Trace and Live Paint features which effectively turn photo's into representations of artwork. There are a few controls to fiddle with, such as the number of colours to be used (2-256), pixel areas, etc. Then it's a matter of clicking and waiting (not long) for the software to do its work.

You wouldn't want to overdo it, but these examples were literally knocked up in 20 minutes.

What do you reckon?

Cheers
Peter
my karma just ran over your dogma
boxerboy

Postby Heath Bennett on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:08 pm

I really like the first one but the other two aren't so cool. Perhaps because they look like curves gone wrong.

Thanks for posting, very interesting.
HB
Heath Bennett

Postby mudder on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:08 pm

G'day,

Like the first one most, think the worn old subject suits the treatment well... Rose, dunno... Last one I think the highlights are strong so the effect becomes hard, wonder how it'd go less contrasty or something :?

Really like CS2 and bridge though (after I made it built it's image cache when installed), now the only other thing I use to just quickly view anything is Irfanview.

Cheers mate :)
Mudder
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby jethro on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:53 pm

havn't got cs 2 yet but pshop will do the same with smaller results that is size wise. just remember if you place an image in illustrator and try to run it to your printer in postscript you will quadrouple your file size or if in rgb triple the file size which will make processing cumbersome. try to place your pictures in indesign and make any graphic elements IE logos or borders in illustrator and add them to your indesign file. you can still add transparency effects in indesign. Quarkexpress is in my eyes now officially DEAD!. sorry for this OT but if anyone needs info please PM me i will be only to happy to help
shoot it real.

look! and see. Shoot and feel
jethro

Return to Equipment Reviews