Vosonic X-Drive Pro 40Gb

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Vosonic X-Drive Pro 40Gb

Postby wahr42 on Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:12 am

Hi,
Thought I might post about my storage device I took overseas.

Vosonic X-Drive Pro 40Gb VP300 $350 (they have a newer model now though)

Easy to see the value for money when compare to CF cards. I only have two cards a 256Mb and a 512MB and I was able to swap from card to card while transfering images to the X-Drive. 40Gb holds a lot of images, even in raw format.

Pros:
Quick and easy to use, insert memory card and turn on and push a single button.
Fast, USB2.
Battery life approx 1.5 hrs.
Comes with carry case and charger, case holds a couple of CF cards too.
Accepts all common memory types.
Good Price - Value for money
Plays mp3s

Cons:

Only a fairly basic display and controls, but adequate
No image review.

Recommended :)
For a simple idea, very handy! There are quite a few of these out there now, The X-Drives are quite affordable and very useful when away from home. It's fun to be able to not have to worry about running out of space!

Peter
wahr42

Postby Marvin on Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:03 pm

I also used an x-drive when I went overseas last year. It was fantastic and I still use it heaps now as an external hard drive. Mine was the older x-drive 2 so I had more limitations, such as not being able to look at the folder structure, however found it very useful. I have had 4 people buy x-drives after looking at mine!
Marvin

Return to Equipment Reviews