Phottix Mitros+ for Canon or Nikon - Anybody using it?

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Phottix Mitros+ for Canon or Nikon - Anybody using it?

Postby haring on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 am

Is there anybody here using the Phottix Mitros+ with built in radio receiver?

I am just wondering how it compares to the Canon 600EX RT....? Is there anybody here who may have both of them and share his/her experience?

There are not too many reviews on it and what I am looking for is REAL life experience rather than "unboxing experince" or a review based on factory specifications.

Thanks so much!
haring

Re: Phottix Mitros+ for Canon or Nikon - Anybody using it?

Postby biggerry on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 am

I have used one of these briefly - however not enough to provide really useful feedback.

If you ask nicely, I am sure Cameron (aim54x) could give you a detailed review on this unit since he has used it fairly extensively.
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby aim54x on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Gerry, the unit I have and the unit that you have played with is the Mitros (not the Mitros+). Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of using the Mitros+ I am mightly impressed with the Mitros (Nikon iTTL), it is as powerful as the SB900 and behaves much the same, although CLS and TTL performance up close is not as accurate in my experience. The controls are somewhat closer to those of a Canon 580EXII than a SB800 or SB900 (not by much) but they are logical enough to wrap your head around.

David Hobby seems to have taken a liking to the Mitros as well.
http://strobist.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/phottix-mitros-nikon-review-real-deal.html
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby biggerry on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:54 pm

aim54x wrote:Gerry, the unit I have and the unit that you have played with is the Mitros (not the Mitros+). Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of using the Mitros+ I am mightly impressed with the Mitros (Nikon iTTL), it is as powerful as the SB900 and behaves much the same, although CLS and TTL performance up close is not as accurate in my experience. The controls are somewhat closer to those of a Canon 580EXII than a SB800 or SB900 (not by much) but they are logical enough to wrap your head around.

David Hobby seems to have taken a liking to the Mitros as well.
http://strobist.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/phottix-mitros-nikon-review-real-deal.html

+1
thanks cam
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby haring on Sat May 31, 2014 8:23 am

Any update on this? Do the Phottix Mitros+ radio transmitter flashes for Nikon work? They have existed for Canon for a while and they seem to be pretty reliable for Canon cameras. How about Nikon?
I have done my research and so far people are not too happy with them. They seem to recycle a little bit slow after a few seconds of firing...

Do you have any personal experience you would share? I am interested how they work for Nikon cameras.
haring

Return to Equipment Reviews