Tamron 28-300

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Tamron 28-300

Postby meicw on Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:52 pm

I am still making up my mind about this lens. Here are a couple I have taken. The one of the heron was taken at 300mm and is cropped. I know that this is not a good pic, but does the sharpness look acceptable? The one of the trees and the lake was taken at 46 mm, and I like it.
No PP has been done except for adjusting the levels slightly.
Regards
Meicw

meicw

Postby Neeper on Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:42 am

I have this lens. And honestly, I don't like it. Colors always seem "off" to me. Focus is slow as heck. Oh well, you get what you pay for. It does the job.

You pictures actually turned out better than mine when I use that lens. Or maybe I am just being picky.
Neeper

Postby MCWB on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:03 am

Neeper wrote:I have this lens. And honestly, I don't like it. Colors always seem "off" to me. Focus is slow as heck. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

I also have this lens, and those are exactly my sentiments. If you want one lens that does it all (well maybe except wide angle) then it's decent bang for buck, but after owning it the money is better spent on better glass IMHO. Mine sits in a box these days.
MCWB

Return to Equipment Reviews