birthday present!!

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

birthday present!!

Postby bigsarg7 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:58 am

Hello everyone, just excited and have to tell someone, my husband shocked me yesterday on my 27th birthday with a gift i so desired but never thought i would get any time soon. Little did I know he had on lay by for quite some time a tripod and head set that i had coveted for o so long!!

He had a job interview and i stayed home with the kids awaiting his return so we could go out and do something, when he returned i thought he was being so rude telling me to go out to the car to get the kids shoes so we can go out while he gets changed, i was hesitant as i was pretty relaxed,so he lightly threw the keys in my direction to subtly get me to go do it.....frustrated i was, thinking hey its my birthday why should i have to do it....but as i walked out the door, stood set up (no idea how he did it, i think the camera shop must have done it) a manfrotto 190xprob tripod and the manfrotto 222 joystick head!! :up: i loved it, but my initial reaction was you naughty boy we don't have the money, but as he later explained he had wanted to give me a suprise. Well that he did!! my grumpyness about having to go out in the heat to the car soon turned to joy and excitement about my new toy!! lol

Well, thanks for reading, my new present should come in very handy for the wedding coming up. and my future lightning storms!! ----if they happen again, we rarely get them due to the orchards around the area and their hail guns!! stupid guns!!

Anyways have a great day, thought it was worth sharing!! :cheers:
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Re: birthday present!!

Postby biggerry on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:40 am

manfrotto 190xprob tripod and the manfrotto 222 joystick head!!

nice work... go the hubby... :up: :cheers:
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby Wink on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:50 am

That's a nice surprise! Enjoy the new toy! :D
Adam.
MY PHOTOS
Allows Image Editing
Wink

Postby gstark on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:02 am

Congrats, and enjoy.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby aim54x on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:30 am

Great stuff!! I cant keep secrets...so I had to tell gf that I was getting her a Nikon D40 (ex Demo) so she could have a SLR until she (or we) can afford to replace her stolen D80. Maybe I should have kept it a secret.

Enjoy the 190, that is one fine set of italian legs that will last you a very long time.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Equipment Reviews