Digital video camera Strathfield car Radio

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Digital video camera Strathfield car Radio

Postby Sean on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:36 pm

Today i purchased this digital video camera to have a look if it could use it to compliment my D70 for filling in missed details that I often regret later from doing measured building surveys and alike.

http://www.strathfield.com/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=1387

I found out before I purchased this device that if I was not happy I had up to 7 days to make a decision and bring it back & be refunded.

Well its only been about 40mins of actual testing now and I can say dispite that this little guy appears to be feature packed @ the price of $199 (March Sale price) i feel that I will be returning it tommorrow.

(don't be mistaken with the 6.6 Mega pixels as published in the printed flyer) its specs are more like a unfocusable 3 megish with a 640x480 web cam style video dimension. Its sensor as I expected can only handle a very narrow field of light, ie no good in brightish or darkish shades.

Suprisingly they have a whitebalance and exposure comp and a flash all of which appears to be placibo gadgetry

Regretably it looks far better than it performs..

I think I will spend the refund on a microtrekker 200 ( as I think must get to 30 posts)

Hope this may help someone

Sean
Last edited by Sean on Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The more I learn, the less I realise I know"
Sean

Postby Matt. K on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Hi Sean
Welcome to the forum! I missed your other posts so this was a bit late coming. 10 posts already? Look forward to seeing your images and reading more posts.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Catcha on Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:28 am

Its a shame most products that are at a reasonable ,and pack with there so called features don't perform to expectations. Straithfield do have some great stuff but those unknown stuff hmm make you think twice
Catcha

Location: Darwin, Northern Territory Was the only true open speed limts in Australia

Return to Equipment Reviews