Glanz 160di Studio Light Kit - opinions please

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Re: Glanz 160di Studio Light Kit - opinions please

Postby shanethemainman on Fri May 08, 2009 9:10 pm

I was unfortunate to purchase this total waste of money as well and even worse i lost the docket and am out 700.00 au, DO NOT BUY A Glanz 160di studio kit!!! firstly i had problems a unit smoking up and shutting down a globe blew the first day i had it and then another unit stopped working and i returned it and they replaced it, they replaced it with some that looked exactly the same and these ones didnt emit a sound when they charge like the first ones did in fact the first ones i had didnt emit a good sound to begin with as they were inconsistent and made you think they were about to fail.. as they did, now these ones i have... first hour into shooting and one of them DOESN'T RECHARGE the light stays green and wont charge also the cords do not fit well i can barely get them into the socket tho they were working like this before.

The umbrellas tips keep falling of and my wife has to sew them on, this happened 3 times already, now i have to return these for another replacement i am buying from paxtons (a usually great store to buy from in Sydney) and in my car will cost me about 20- 30 in petrol this is my second time therefor i am out about $50 not only that tho i have a model here now and she is all dressed up and we cannot complete the shoot i am furious. i strongly suggest you do not buy this cheep rubbish
shanethemainman

Previous

Return to Equipment Reviews