coffee machines for studio

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Re: coffee machines for studio

Postby gstark on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:18 am

AttoJones wrote:Ok, some interesting replies.

Just a couple of quick points for those jumping in here.

First, and most importantly, this thread is actually very old - almost two years old - and was just resurrected by by somebody whom I consider to be a spammer purely to try to drag some business his way. Bloody lowlife dirtbag, IMHO. I've sent him a PM as well making my earlier public comments in this thread, but of course this sort of gutless PoS doesn't have the courage or integrity to respond once they're found out. hich of course doesn't take long at all.

Deal with these moronic cretins at your own peril.

My first coffee machine was a $89 Sunbeam, it made over 1500 cups before crapping out on me, and to be perfectly honest they were generally to a high standard.

Sadly, my recent experience with Sunbeam does not echo your good experience. I had parts of a machine literally fall apart - simply disintegrate - and Sunbeam's customer service department's response was that they really didn't give a damn. The machine was less than a month old, and I was very disappointed. The system was returned to its place of purchase for a full refund.

And i do consider myself to be extremely fussy when it comes to coffee.

Hmmmm .....

I suspect that you're in some very like minded company in these forums.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Chaase on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:09 am

I realise this is an old thread resurrected by a Spammer :x but a revisit is not a bad thing.

We went thru the exercise at Christmas looking for one at home. We looked at all the pod units but at approx 70 cents a pod plus delivery/ having to go to Chadstone to buy them, so that was not an option. We also looked at semi and fully automatic units and ended up getting a Jura Ena. http://www.au.jura.com/home_au_x/products_home_use/ena_line.htm

This is almost fully automatic i.e. has a grinder etc but does not automatically add the milk however it does not require manual frothing. It has a tube that you put into a cup of milk then turn a knob which generates steam and sucks the milk out. We chose to get a milk accessory that stores the milk in the fridge and when you need milk you just plug it in (not shown on website). They also have Thermos type that sit on the bench for the day keeping the milk cold.

We paid $1100 at Clive Peeters but within 14 days saw it at Harvey Norman for $994 so we hit CP with the 14 days money back guarantee to pay back the difference which they did.

All up we are extremely satisfied with this unit. We have also found a great bean supplier http://www.coffeecompany.com.au/ We are currently working our way through one of their sample boxes and all coffees have been superb even the decaf for me at night.With the first order you get a free 250 gm additional sample which (Somalian Blend) is bloody good.

Bruce
Cheers, Bruce
Canon Eos 5D MKII, 16-35mm f2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 50mm f1.4 USM.
Edit photos OK.
http://bruceybaby66.smugmug.com/
Chaase

Postby gstark on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:51 am

Chaase wrote:I realise this is an old thread resurrected by a Spammer :x but a revisit is not a bad thing.

Of course not. As long as it's done for the right reasons. :)

I'm glad to hear of your good experiences, Bruce. it sounds like a good piece of kit.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Equipment Reviews