EIZO Flexscan S2100 21" LCD

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

EIZO Flexscan S2100 21" LCD

Postby jdear on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:17 pm

I was working with an aging viewsonic VPS171s

and when a pro photog came over to calibrate it with a gretag eyeone, the colours were all over the place. The monitor was starting to vignette in the corners (darken)

He wanted me to 'white wash' his files (post process his files out of the camera - peg shadows / highlights, adjust WB, and generally optimize for good skin tones) for a number of weddings and he didnt even leave his Cd of RAW files with me... my monitor was so shit.

So 2 days later my new monitor came.... EIZO Flexscan S2100 21" LCD monitor.

It cost $1700 but it is a bloody fantastic monitor!

I wish I took a screenshot of the calibration of the viewsonic and then of the eizo... the two graphs which eyeone shows after was unbelievable!

I cant believe I was working with the viewsonic for so long! I loaded up some of my old photos I had PP'ed on the viewsonic - and I need to re-adjust them now!

The additional screen real-estate is a dream! - no more reshuffling palettes to work on an image.

Id recommonde EIZO to anyone who takes their image quality seriously.
I think it ones of the few monitors thats still made in Japan. They also come with a 5 years warranty which speaks for itself.

Jonathan
jdear

Postby antman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 pm

I have the Flexscan S2410W and I must concur wiht your statements. Colour seems very stable. I am calibrating with monac optix xr.
Geoff C

My Gallery:http://geoffc.smugmug.com/
antman

Postby marcos on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:22 pm

I bought the S2110W model, the best thing I ever bought for my Mac, calibrated with Optix XR, but the most amazing detail besides excelllent color accuracy, I just recalibrated last week after 7 months and the comparison curves from 7 months ago and now, have barely changed.
One more amazing detail, if you like to calibrate manually (or by eye for some) for offset printing, it can be calibrated through CMYK values.
I' very happy with mine, highly recommended.
marcos

Return to Equipment Reviews