Imagetrax worth it?

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Imagetrax worth it?

Postby gleff on Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:31 pm

Hi All,

I'm tossing up whether to wait until I can buy an Epson P-2000 (don't really want to wait).. or go with the PD7X. While i've been working on this decision though, I've now come across the Imagetrax, which seems to be similar to the P-2000 in that you can view the images.

Has anyone tried it and can comment on.

1. Battery Life
2. Speed to copy a 1Gb card to the device
3. Qaulity of the image
4. General useability

I did a google search, and also a search of the forums and nothing came up which give a reasonable review.

Thanks
Geoff
http://www.gleff.com

Postby gleff on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:01 pm

ok.. I didn't realise it's also called a flashtrax.. I've found some reviews... I think i'll either wait for the P-2000 or go with the PD7X.

Decisons decisions..

Geoff
http://www.gleff.com

Postby benkho on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:54 pm

Gleff,

I don't think you can get P2000 in Australia since Epson Australia will not carry it. You can import it from overseas. They only problem is the warranty if you import it.

I use PD7X and very happy with it and never have problems with the unit. It uses normal AA battery and very fast to download. I believe it's the fastest device in the market right now.

So it's your decision whether you want to view the picture without AUstralian warranty or just the normal storage with Australian warranty PLUS it's much cheaper.

I also looked at the Flashtrax before buying the PD7X. IMO, it's acceptable for me. The display is acceptable (less quality than P2000) but can display more RAW files than P2000. However, at the end I chose PD7X for the value and speed.
benkho

Postby horstflotow on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:37 pm

[quote="gleff"]ok.. I didn't realise it's also called a flashtrax.. I've found some reviews... I think i'll either wait for the P-2000 or go with the PD7X.

Decisons decisions..

Geoff[/quote]

I'm using the PD7X, works fine in the field and is certainly faster than other card reading hard drives, just don't recharge the AAs in it, takes forever. Battery life is ok, I use Sanyo 2500 mAh ones. Downloading onto PC and/or Mac is ok.

Regards

Horst
horstflotow

Return to Equipment Reviews