Manfrotto 055PROB Tripod Legs.

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby lukeo on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:55 pm

I too have a "Yum-Cha" no name generic tripod bought off ebay secondhand, very cheap. With my old pentax spotmatic it has served well, clip lockinging legs, and a quick release system at the top, with the quick release pad staying attached to the camera.

The only thing I don't trust is the quick release mechanism in portrait oreintation with anything larger than a 35mm lense on the camera, it just feels to cheap, when I use a larger lense (say 80-200) well lets just say because it's old gear i still do it but with a D70 on the horizon i think it's high time to spend some money on a tripod.

Thanks for the review, very helpful.
lukeo

141rc

Postby widdleyummycookie on Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:00 am

i'm going to be getting the 055pro as well and the guy who's selling it to me told me i should get the 141rc head. what's do you guys think?
widdleyummycookie

Postby kipper on Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:41 am

Why not the Manfrotto CarbonFibre 443? Is this too expensive in comparison to the 055PRO?
kipper

Previous

Return to Equipment Reviews