Hauppauge pMVP

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Hauppauge pMVP

Postby kipper on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:36 pm

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/produc ... _pmvp.html

Has anybody had the pleasure of using one of these products?
One of the biggest downsides I see of them is the lack of media card support. It's a shame there isn't an addon accessory that could connect to it via the USB connection.
kipper

Postby xerubus on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:47 pm

haven't had the pleasure... but i have used a few different hauppauge products in the past and have been very impressed with them...
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby birddog114 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:52 pm

No photogs in the world need or use this item.

They only want the simple thing as a PSD with CF card reader buit-in to download and save their photo temporary.

All the MP3 or media center devices are flashy not suitable for what we are looking.

Just straightful a PSD has a built in CF reader with a hdd of 40Gb is around $250- $300.00.

Even the Nikon Coolwalker costs over AU$600.00, it's still so expensive with our range in comparison with you can buy 6 x 1Gb card =$600.00 and you can shoot all week long without any worrying of running out of digifilm. BTW, I'll have one Nikon Coolwalker next week for evaluation.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby kipper on Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:13 pm

Yep I understand this Birddog, but I would like to have an all in one product.
kipper

Postby birddog114 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:22 pm

kipper wrote:Yep I understand this Birddog, but I would like to have an all in one product.

I thought you're already got the Archos.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby kipper on Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:16 pm

Heheh.....hasn't arrived yet and expansys will be getting an abusive phone call tomorrow along with my cancellation if they say they don't have any stock. Yes it's dissappointing, but I'm not going to be put out by it because I'm taking bits and computer parts with me to build a new PC for my sister in France. So while I'm there I will have access to her new PC and I have a USB 20gb hdd. Then when I'm in the UK I can use an internet cafe I expect to transfer files to my USB 20gb hdd. It'll also give me time to think or see new products that are coming on the market. PS. a note for all....don't use expansys for any purchases. They promised an easy 2 week delivery and 3-4 weeks later I still don't have it and it looks like the 14th will be their next delivery. I will be posting this in the trader reviews section.
kipper

Return to Equipment Reviews