Aust. Superbike Championship. Winton, Sunday Aug-21st...

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Aust. Superbike Championship. Winton, Sunday Aug-21st...

Postby waspo on Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:57 am

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone in Melbourne interested in going up to Winton raceway, Sunday Aug-21st for the Aust. Superbike Championship. Just spotted the ad in Trading Post with a $5 off entry coupon. That would bring it to $25 entry Sunday.
I've been dying to practice some high speed shots!
Just throwing this out there to anyone who might be interested. We could meet up there or organise a meeting place. I'll also have room for 2, possibly 3 in my car as well.
Redline, will you be going? :wink:
Cheers, Jase. :D
waspo

Location: Bentleigh East, Melbourne - SuPeR NikoN D7o aBuSeR!

Postby waspo on Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:02 pm

...also, any tips from the guys who frequent race tracks on how to get into the actual inner racetrack grounds? Do I need to contact the racing association/event organizer? BBJ and Redline, can you help out here? :wink:
waspo

Postby Jeff on Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:34 pm

Jase don't forget to post some shots,I'm going to V8s at Oran Park this Sunday.I would also like to know to get to the inner track.
Jeff
Jeff

Postby BBJ on Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:10 am

Jase, well what can i say that i am sort of lucky that most people know me around the place and can get in to most places around here.Ok sorry for delay had some orders come in. Ok now where was i oh yeh if you approach who is running the show they might let you in as long as you sighn an idemnity form as i do each time i am at the track. When i did the Pines enduro rally i also have a CAMS Licence so that helped plus mate was an organiser as well but in most cases if you become a regular and they get to know you as long as you know where not to go all is well.

For bigger events that is a different story most photogs have to apply to get access to these events and well since we dont have such down here i dont have to worry.LOL
People come and ask me what i do with my pics and i tell them and they look at website and then they email me to go to events, it is a matter to get out and get seen.

Hope this helps.
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby waspo on Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:18 am

Thanks BBJ,
I kinda thought it was along these lines. I was going to get my CAMS, but dropped away from the whole marshalling scene a few years ago now.
I'll talk to a few guys at the races and see what comes about.
Thanks again, mate!
Cheers, Jase. :D
waspo

Postby BBJ on Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:26 am

No probs Jase, anytime and well i think thats the best way have a chat to the organiser and see what goes, get known and yeh see how it goes.
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby redline on Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:26 pm

not sure if you be able to get on the infield at winton
but theres a phone no. to contact them about more info

AUSCO on: Tel 02 4984 2488 before Thursday the 18th August or after that date on
0408 241401 for information regarding the Winton Round.

see if you could ask for a media pass, usually its best to understand safety aspects of racing before you actaully do go out. i've seen some stupid things in my time so its good to ask mashells/coc for an ok before you do something.its also a good idea to get ambo cover in case of the worst. one time a guy filming next to me was struck by a stone by passing cars which missed his eye by an inch.
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Return to Events