Photographers at Work seminar - Brisbane

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Photographers at Work seminar - Brisbane

Postby Hutchy on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:17 pm

Hello D70 users!

I'm new to these forums but you'll be seeing more of me now that I own a D70. 8) Just letting everyone know about a seminar that's coming up in Brisbane called PHOTOGRAPHERS AT WORK. I think it looks interesting so I will be attending. Tickets are $98 each and the seminar runs from 9am till 5 or 6pm on Monday the 16th of May.

You can get more details here:

http://www.photoimaging.com.au/linkfram ... d_ID=36265

I hope to see some of you on the day. :D

Hutchy
Nikon D70, Nikon F80, Rollei 6008 Pro, Plaubel 5x4, Elinchrom 4K floorpacks and heads.
Hutchy

Postby christiand on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:50 pm

Welcome Hutchy,

many thanks for the info.
Let us know your thoughts and impressions on the seminar.

Cheers
CD
christiand

Postby sirhc55 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:52 pm

Welcome to the forum Hutchy - hopefully we will see your first pic post very soon - enjoy. BTW - I am in Sydney so can’t make a Brisbane seminar 8)
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby gstark on Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:34 am

Hi Hutchy, and welcome.

That would be a part of the big photography trade show, wouldn't it?

But please tell us a little more about yourself; your gear list is impressive, so would it be reasonable to presume you're a working photographer?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby the foto fanatic on Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:06 am

Hi Hutchy, & welcome to yet another Brisbaneite.
Hope we see a lot more posts and images from you.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby Hutchy on Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:24 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. :D

I've done a few jobs recently where I've been my own art director so I'll post up some images for a critique in the near future.

A little about me? Hmmm..... Well you're right I am a working photographer. :) I got my Bachelor of Photography at Griffith Uni's Queensland College of Art (majored in advertising) and then worked as a freelance photographer and photographers assistant for a while to see how other photographers worked and made their living. I then started my own business just under two years ago and am STILL in the process of building a client base. It's tough, but I'm determined to make my mark! Muahaha! :twisted:

And yes, the seminar is part of the trade show. $98 is a little steep but the first lecture "MARKETING YOURSELF: How To Win New Clients" will be worth it (I'm hoping).
Nikon D70, Nikon F80, Rollei 6008 Pro, Plaubel 5x4, Elinchrom 4K floorpacks and heads.
Hutchy

Return to Events