Navy Open-Day Garden Island

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Navy Open-Day Garden Island

Postby Killakoala on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:50 pm

Yes, it's that time of year again for those interested in the military. It's the annual Navy Open-Day at Garden Island Dockyard, Potts Point (Wooloomooloo) on Sunday 3 October. (This Sunday long weekend.)

Entry is via the main gate.

I'm not sure of the opening time but i would say about 1000 or 1100.

HMAS Ballarat, our newest ANZAC class warship should be open for inspection according to the LED display i saw this afternoon. But it's not in harbour so my guess is HMAS Stuart would be what they meant. Unless of course, Ballarat comes in on Friday. Who knows???

I'll be working on Sunday but you won't be able to visit me as my ship is waaaay over the other side of the island and will be out-of-bounds to civvies.
Killakoala

Postby birddog114 on Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:00 am

Thanks Steve,
We might have rain thru next week! same as last year Labour Holiday long Week-end, remind me the Scone Warbird Airshow which we flew in with wet amd muddy.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Killakoala on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:27 pm

Hopefully the rain will hold off over the weekend. It was very wet today and i got soaked walking aorund the island :( But my garden is happier now.

HMAS Ballarat came in this morning so it will be available as advertised. It's so new that it still has that 'new-car' smell to it ;) It's worth a look to see a nice new Australian built warship.

I will be on the island on Sunday but will be unavailable to take anyone for a personal tour of my ship (HMAS Manoora) as i will actually be 'working' and my side of the island will be out of bounds to civvies as it is in a work production area.

I missed labour day last year as i was in the Solomon Islands. I think i missed the Queen's Birthday too as i was in the Persian Gulf off Iraq. It's a pity i don't get those missed public holidays back. :0
Killakoala

Return to Events