Steam train in downtown Sydney Today

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Steam train in downtown Sydney Today

Postby gstark on Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:48 am

Today - Sept 24.

As a part of the Powerhouse Museum's 125th anniversary, they'll be taking a steam locomotive from the Mortuary Station down to the museum, starting from around 11:30am.

It'll be running down through the old Darling Harbour goods lines - there should be some interesting picture opportunities.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:04 am

Gary,
Just curious, do they need some help? e.g: inflate their wheels prior to start!!!!
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:18 am

Birddog,

From the radio interview I heard this morning, they're well under way. They started to fire up the engine around 4 this morning ...

Don't know about someone to kick the tyres though, but because of the anniversary, there will be free admission to the museum all through the weekend, and I think I heard that this engine - #3850 IIRC - will be kept under steam for most of the weekend.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Raydar on Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:13 pm

Did you go down Gary??? :?

Cheers
Ray :lol:
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Postby gstark on Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:15 pm

Unfortunately, no. I had other arrangements already in place.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Events