More F1GP shots

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

More F1GP shots

Postby gstark on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:53 am

The first of my F1 shots are here.

Enjoy
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby BBJ on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:06 am

Ok Gary, nice pics mate pitty about that fence, and yeh the pro fellows,wonder what lens that he is using?, anyhow as good as you can get in situations like this, oneday i might get to one of these big events,only ones i have been to is the Footy only because i was driving the Buss to these games in Melbourne and Adelaide, and Avalon Airshow some years back.
Cheers
John
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby stubbsy on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:35 am

Gary

The one down the straight (no fence) is good since it has no fence (doh)

I see from the Qantas one you have a few dist bunnies too. Looking at the totality of the shots I'd say it must be VERY frustrating trying to get decent shots because of the fence. I wonder if you could clone it out of your most spectacular shot.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby gstark on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:35 pm

John,

Yes, we saw some quite nice glass there, but even the pros were doing some of their shooting from behind the fences as well, as you can see. However, the fence wouldn't seem be a major issue when you're that close.

Rather than cloning it out, I'll probably do some cropping. That would give me a fuller frame for a given image size, and I do believe I've got adequate detail in some of the stuff I've shot.

Peter, we were in the third last row. I think that by getting the back row we would have had it slightly better, but as I think you can see, we had a pretty good vantage point as it was: two corners, one short straight including the pit entry, plus the start/finsih line. And a superscreen directly opposite us. It doesn't get much better than that.

Overall, I was very happy with the totality of what we were able to see.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Events