NSW Art Gallery - ARt Express 2005 + Bill Henson

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

NSW Art Gallery - ARt Express 2005 + Bill Henson

Postby Geoff on Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:28 pm

Today Bel and I got to (finally) go to the Art Gallery of NSW where we saw the Art Express 2005 where pieces of seleceted Art from thet previous year's HSC (year 12) are on show, a free exhibition with some truely amazing and talented work. There are about 3 or 4 photographic exhibitions that are unique in the way that they are developed and integrate the use of Photoshop. Well worth a visit!

We also saw the Bill Henson exhibition ($10 admission for adults) which was ok, I thought the majority of his B&W were average, don't really see what the fuss is about. I much prefered his later stuff (1983 onwawrds) colour images. They were both dark in exposure and persona, really delving close to 'weird' in his captures of pre-pubescent naked girls and early teenagers in various sexual positions... fine line between art and 'f*&ked up' if you ask me, but that'st just my opinion. Here ends the 'review'.

Geoff.
Geoff

Postby Nnnnsic on Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:16 pm

Maybe I need to make an "Art" category and move all of the Bill Henson-esque threads to it.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Return to Events