A1 GP

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Re: A1 GP

Postby Raskill on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:17 pm

:agree:

Nothing beats F1, the hype, the crowds, the cars, the noise. It's all soooooooo good!
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Postby idleowen on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:58 am

Gary...re A1 v F1 sorry the humour was lost in translation,realise theres a difference,the comment was aimed at Bernie Ecc re no Melb grand prix from 2010!
nikon stuff
idleowen

Postby gstark on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:45 am

idleowen wrote:Gary...re A1 v F1 sorry the humour was lost in translation,realise theres a difference,the comment was aimed at Bernie Ecc re no Melb grand prix from 2010!

That's not definite, btw.

But neither is it news: I've been seeing stories if this nature for maybe six months now.

Basically, Bernie wants to see all of the F1 races in this part of the world become night races. That's Oz, JP, CN, Malaysia, and Singapore. Something to do with with better viewing times in EU, which translates to a bigger viewing audience on teev, which means more advertising $$$$ for, er, um ... oh yes ... Bernie!

Whodathinkit?

The real problem is that the Melbourne event loses money carburettor over piston, but the Victorian economy, as a whole, doesn't do too badly. I think it's the state govt that doesn't give a damn, but while the city wants to keep it, there's a handful of noisy residents who think that Albert Park should be kept for the ducks and nobody else. I wish they would come up here and do the same around Centennial bloody Parklands: I'm sick to death of the constant and frequent disruptions we (in Sydney's east) have to endure because of that minority of the population who want to go to sporting events at the SCG and SFS.

Not at all like Eastern Creek, where the traffic measures included - comprised, actually - the imposition of a clearway on the half km of access road between the GWH and the entrance to the circuit. And the installation of a cop at the back of the roundabout catching people for .... shit, it's a roundabout: I couldn't figure wtf he was doing there, but he was sitting there, and waiting for his prey.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby michael_ on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 pm

its a known speed trap gary, the cop sits at the roundabout and gets people going over the speed limit after the first round about at the eastern creek hotel, they are always there when major events are on at ECR
michael_

Postby gstark on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:14 pm

michael_ wrote:its a known speed trap gary, the cop sits at the roundabout and gets people going over the speed limit after the first round about at the eastern creek hotel, they are always there when major events are on at ECR

A known speedtrap?

So, it's an intelligence test! :)

Thanx, Michael.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby MCWB on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Yep, the police are often there to catch people who get out of the carpark and hit the right pedal as though they were on the racetrack... ;)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it on either day as we've just moved out of one place and into another so I ended up tidying up loose ends all day (and attempting to find where I've put everything). :roll: Hope you all had fun and stayed reasonably dry!
MCWB

Postby Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:13 pm

Kyle wrote:Leigh, What media outlet/organization are you working for at the A1?

Leigh?
Kyle

Previous

Return to Events