Sydney Life Photography Exhibition & Prize

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Sydney Life Photography Exhibition & Prize

Postby radar on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:50 pm

There are lots of talented photographers on these forums.

The Sydney Life Photography Exhibition & Prize closes on July 3, 2007. There is still time to get your entry in. Have a look at the details at the link below:
http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Community/GrantsAndAwards/SydneyLifePhotographyExhibition.asp

From the brief available on the site:
Artists are invited to submit work that makes an original and contemporary statement about
Sydney life.

First prize is $10,000. At the link above, you will also be able to look at the 2006 winners.

Cheers,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby BT*ist on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:05 pm

I've got my image and will enter - is anybody else doing so?

One thing that's really got me stumped, though, is the requirement (along with, you know, a PHOTO) to provide an Artists Bio/CV and/or 'Artists Statement' along with the work.

Not to put it too bluntly, but "wuh???"

I mean, I've checked on the web and got a vague idea what they're on about... but seriously? An artists statement and bio from an enthusiast? Obviously I'm going to have to rustle up something.... but any help would be highly appreciated!
Pentax istDS+K10D. Pentax 50mm f1.4, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro, Kit Lenses. http://www.redbubble.com/people/berndt2
BT*ist

Postby BT*ist on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Dropped off my entry at lunchtime today :D

Has anybody else entered?
Pentax istDS+K10D. Pentax 50mm f1.4, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro, Kit Lenses. http://www.redbubble.com/people/berndt2
BT*ist

Postby Matt. K on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:15 pm

Yep
I popped one in just for the hell of it. Good luck! :D
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby BT*ist on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:31 pm

That was pretty much my exact motivation too!

Good luck as well! (Do you know when they announce their selections? I'm assuming it's sometime prior to the exhibition from 2nd-21st October)
BT*ist

Postby Matt. K on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm guessing around the middle of September. Don't spend your $10,000 just yet! :D :D :D :D
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Bugeyes on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:58 pm

Didn't enter that one, but did manage to get to the exhibition stage of the Olive Cotton Award
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I have my doubts about the former.

....Albert Einstein
Bugeyes

Return to Events