Festival Of The Winds - Sept 12 2004

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Festival Of The Winds - Sept 12 2004

Postby gstark on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:55 am

Bondi Beach

Kites in the air can be a challenge, especially in terms of exposure and following focus.

Long lenses are your friends here
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:33 am

A few images from the Festival of the Winds

g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Festival of the Winds

Postby Geoff on Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:41 am

Some nice photos Gary - I used to be really into stunt kite flying especially and 'worked' at the Festival of the Winds for a kite shop about 8 years ago or so..your photos brought back good memories! Unfortunately I forgot all about it this year and would have been out there to keep you company....oh well..maybe next year! PS -This forum is going fantastically - thanks again for setting it up!
Geoff

Postby birddog114 on Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:48 am

Gary,
Nice photos and great capture with the range in your possesion. I knew about it but could not get there, my wife + son's birthday party + our 20th anni. on Sat. + Sunday.
Well, just missed, but you should come and picked up the 80-400 for the day, did not hear from you, ask me next time please!
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:21 am

Thanx Geoff and Birddog for the comments.

In fact, I just decided to wander down to tyhe beach on Saturday, and had completely forgotten about the FotW until I was driving up to the entrance of Queen Elizabeth Drive, and saw the fenced off enclosure on the sand, the kites, and the more-crowded-than-I-expected parking lot.

But having made a spur of the moment decision, I only took the body and the kit lens, so the maximum reach I had was just 70mm.

I also took some images of people being taken for walks by their dogs, people watching the kites, people not watching the kits, and partook of a cappuccino when I'd almost run out of CF memory.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Events