Thought someone may interested Sunday 29/08/04

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Thought someone may interested Sunday 29/08/04

Postby birddog114 on Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:49 pm

Sunday 29 August 2004

At Phuoc Hue Buddisht Monastery,
365 Victoria St, Wetherill Parks

A religion event call "ULAMBANA DAY" from 9:30 -12:00, then free vegetarian buffet lunch will be provided after. This is one of our Vietnamese traditional culture and event in many other events during the year.

Lot of thing to shoot: People, culture, building, architecture.

Would like to invite member from this forum to attend.

I'll cover this event as their volunteer photographer (FOC), am their MIS (Volunteer works) and also member of this Organising Committee.
If anyone is interested, please email me. I have to reserve a table with maximum 10 people.

Parking: Plenty of free parking
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Onyx on Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:32 pm

I remember going to that temple on occasions with my extended family, esp during the lunar new year - when they would go around all of sydney's bhuddist temples.

Pity I'm currently on the other side of the world... I miss out on that great occasion and photo opportunity. I encourage all members to attend - I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Onyx

Postby Glen on Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:34 pm

Birddog, sounds really interesting! I am involved with my extended family that day, but thank you for the invite, very kind.
Glen

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:37 pm

It sounds like a fascinating and interesting event. Unfortunbately, I have other commitments on the day.

Is this an annual event, or is it held more frequently?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:54 pm

gstark wrote:It sounds like a fascinating and interesting event. Unfortunbately, I have other commitments on the day.

Is this an annual event, or is it held more frequently?

That's an annual event, during the year (Lunar) they held few major events, last June was Vesak day, NSW Governor General and Mr. Philips Ruddock were attended, end of June was Australian Citizen Ceremony, again Mr. Philips Ruddock presented AUS Certificate of Citizenship to more than 300 new Australian Citizen with difference nationalities.
If i'm not wrong another Citizenship Ceremony will be held there for around 100 people in late October.

Another event is on 25/9: Lunar Festival will be held in the evening
Then Chinese NewYear, I think it will be somewhere at the later of Feb 05.

I'll keep everyone posted, I'm mostly there and cover most the events in the last 10 years
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Return to Events