Melbourne travellers to the Anniversary

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Melbourne travellers to the Anniversary

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:22 pm

Hi All,

Just thought I'd make one central thread where people can say when and where they're going during the anniversary meet, mostly in the hopes that we can avoid double-booking taxis and things where available.

I am actually getting into Sydney at about 7:30 Friday morning, with a 12noon check-in at Formule1.

I'm leaving sydney sunday night at 9:15.

What are everyone elses schedules like?
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
Asking the Stupid Questions
<a href="http://www.platinumweaver.net/" alt="PlatinumWeaver Homepage">http://www.platinumweaver.net/</a>
PlatinumWeaver

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:25 pm

Dean,
Good to see this thread.
fozzie, Rob and Digitor from SA, can you confirm the ETA of your flight?

Edit: you can stop by my base and have a cuppa while waiting to check-in at the Formule 1 same as mudder if your arrival early on Friday morning.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:31 pm

Sounds like a great idea birddy! I would have just wandered around the city, but I'll have a damn heavy backpack with camera/lenses/laptop and a back for clothes and shoes..
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
<a href="http://www.platinumweaver.net/" alt="PlatinumWeaver Homepage">http://www.platinumweaver.net/</a>
PlatinumWeaver

Postby fozzie on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:35 pm

My flight details are:

Fri. 05 Aug 05
Virgin Blue - Flight DJ 403
09:05am Depart Adelaide : 11:25am Arrive Sydney

I will be travelling with robw25, plus partner Lorraine.
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:36 pm

PlatinumWeaver wrote:Sounds like a great idea birddy! I would have just wandered around the city, but I'll have a damn heavy backpack with camera/lenses/laptop and a back for clothes and shoes..

I can pick you up at 7:30am at the Airport.
Which flight? and airline?
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:37 pm

fozzie wrote:My flight details are:

Fri. 05 Aug 05
Virgin Blue - Flight DJ 403
09:05am Depart Adelaide : 11:25am Arrive Sydney

I will be travelling with robw25, plus partner Lorraine.

I'll pick you up at same spot last time with same truck and same face, do you still remember?
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby fozzie on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:45 pm

How could I forget :)

Just after getting into your truck, Andrew/huynhie placed your new D2x in my lap :D
fozzie

fozzie
Key Member

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:52 pm

fozzie wrote:How could I forget :)

Just after getting into your truck, Andrew/huynhie placed your new D2x in my lap :D

That's good! perhaps this time with a new D2Xs :lol:
And plenty time for me to taking care the first group arrival in the early morning.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:53 pm

You sure Birddy? Sounds like a few trips!

Virgin Flight 801 getting into Sydney at 7:35am.. but it isn't fair for you to make too many trips into the airport.. lets see when everyone else is arriving.
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
PlatinumWeaver

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:54 pm

PlatinumWeaver wrote:You sure Birddy? Sounds like a few trips!

Virgin Flight 801 getting into Sydney at 7:35am.. but it isn't fair for you to make too many trips into the airport.. lets see when everyone else is arriving.

Not a problems, I'll do it for you guys :wink:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:56 pm

I'll meet you out side the terminal and the car is the Mitsubishi Pajero in silver colour with the number plate :DANCOM
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:39 pm

For members, who're going to stay at the Formule 1, Enfield.
Pls. let me know if you require the transport to both venues on Friday and Saturday.
It's about time for organizing and asking Sydney members to give you a lift.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby digitor on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:13 pm

I plan to be arriving at the Formule 1 around 5pm on Friday. We're driving over, taking the scenic route across the Hay Plain :shock:

I'm not planning on driving around in Sydney though (Harold Scruby reckons people there don't take too kindly to large 4wds with bull bars, and also I'd get lost) so will be needing to arrange some sort of transport between the hotel and dinners etc. There's probably enough of us at the F1 to make cabs worthwhile I would think.

Cheers
What's another word for "thesaurus"?
digitor

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:22 pm

digitor wrote:I plan to be arriving at the Formule 1 around 5pm on Friday. We're driving over, taking the scenic route across the Hay Plain :shock:

I'm not planning on driving around in Sydney though (Harold Scruby reckons people there don't take too kindly to large 4wds with bull bars, and also I'd get lost) so will be needing to arrange some sort of transport between the hotel and dinners etc. There's probably enough of us at the F1 to make cabs worthwhile I would think.

Cheers

Digitor,
Have and driving a 4WD in Sydney is lot of fun, I have the 4wd in the last 20 years and always want to drive a bid car with bullbar, CB antenna, etc.. I wish a real Hummer but other half didn't like it. My next one is the BMW X5 3.0Di. when the lease of this Mitsubishi expired.
OK, the Formule 1 is around 5 min. to my base and 20 min. to the restaurant on Friday night, 10 min. to the restaurant on Saturday evening.
I can do the "FOLLOW ME" for you around town. :wink:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Heath Bennett on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:43 pm

Awesome car the X5, especially with the 3 litre diesel. Same engine that is in the Range Rover. Awesome fuel economy, but also suprisingly powerful when pushed. It would 'eat up' Stockton dunes with ease.
HB
Heath Bennett

Postby Glen on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:44 pm

Digitor, Harold Scruby's office is about 800 metres from my home. Now he is head of the Pedestrian Council, but the first time he made the news here was also for a pedestrian matter, he thought a jogger was taking too long to cross the footpath, so chased him down and ran him over whilst driving his car! Always strikes me as an odd choice for the pedestrian council :lol:
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby digitor on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:46 pm

Birddog114 wrote:Digitor,
Have and driving a 4WD in Sydney is lot of fun, I have the 4wd in the last 20 years and always want to drive a bid car with bullbar, CB antenna, etc.. I wish a real Hummer but other half didn't like it. My next one is the BMW X5 3.0Di. when the lease of this Mitsubishi expired.
OK, the Formule 1 is around 5 min. to my base and 20 min. to the restaurant on Friday night, 10 min. to the restaurant on Saturday evening.
I can do the "FOLLOW ME" for you around town. :wink:

Well, mine's not quite as big as a Hummer :D

The hotel is within easy range of your place by the sound of it, and thanks for the offer of "tag-along-tour"!! I still might not drive to/from the restaurants though, because I would have to stay sober :cry: :cry:

Cheers
digitor

Postby fozzie on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:53 pm

digitor,

digitor wrote:I plan to be arriving at the Formule 1 around 5pm on Friday. We're driving over, taking the scenic route across the Hay Plain :shock:

Cheers

Most of the other people staying at Formule1 should be in position to give you and Vicki a warm welcome, with :D faces.

Formule1 - taxis to and from both dinner evenings sounds like a good idea to me.
fozzie

fozzie
Key Member

Postby mudder on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:00 pm

G'day,

Travelling with Genji(Tai) on the way up not sure on the way back. Was just planning on cabbing to the motel when I lob, then catch up with all you guys somewhere? Central get together place before dinner?

Won't have transport while up there but I think cabs might be best, means all can have a couple and not worry about anything :) we can share the cabs

Was also planning on going to the Zoo Sunday morning with a few others but think that'd mean I'd miss the portrait shoot so dunno yet... Can't help it with animals tho and I love the Sydney Zoo...

This is gonna be fun :)

Flight details:
Melbourne -> Sydney
Fri, 05 Aug 05
10:15am Depart Melbourne
11:35am Arrive Sydney

Sydney -> Melbourne
Sun, 07 Aug 05
17:45 Depart Sydney
19:15 Arrive Melbourne
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:01 pm

fozzie wrote:digitor,

Cheers

Most of the other people staying at Formule1 should be in position to give you and Vicki a warm welcome, with :D faces.

Formule1 - taxis to and from both dinner evenings sounds like a good idea to me.

You can pre-book the Van taxi, 7 or 9 seats to and from the Formule 1 for both evenings
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby fozzie on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:18 pm

Birddog114 wrote:You can pre-book the Van taxi, 7 or 9 seats to and from the Formule 1 for both evenings

Sounds like an excellent plan. BTW: do you or someone else know how long in advance would we have to book the Van Taxi :?:
fozzie

fozzie
Key Member

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:25 pm

fozzie wrote:
Birddog114 wrote:You can pre-book the Van taxi, 7 or 9 seats to and from the Formule 1 for both evenings

Sounds like an excellent plan. BTW: do you or someone else know how long in advance would we have to book the Van Taxi :?:

Perhaps few hours in advance.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby gstark on Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:03 pm

Glen wrote:Digitor, Harold Scruby's office is about 800 metres from my home. Now he is head of the Pedestrian Council, but the first time he made the news here was also for a pedestrian matter, he thought a jogger was taking too long to cross the footpath, so chased him down and ran him over whilst driving his car! Always strikes me as an odd choice for the pedestrian council :lol:

Scruby is the pedestrian council. Very pedestrian too. He knows nothing about road safety, but like any politician, nevr lets minor details like that get in the way.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby digitor on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:01 pm

fozzie wrote:

Ha! Anywhere you can get a HUMMER Taxi in Sydney? We could call in and say Hi to Scruby on the way!

:shock: :D

Cheers
digitor

Postby Glen on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary, you are so right about Scruby

Digitor, not sure where to get the Hummer
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby birddog114 on Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:09 am

digitor wrote:
fozzie wrote:

Ha! Anywhere you can get a HUMMER Taxi in Sydney? We could call in and say Hi to Scruby on the way!

:shock: :D

Cheers

You can hire one and I'll be your chauffeur for the whole time you're in Sydney :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Greg B on Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:35 am

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get a hummer in Sydney quite easily

:lol: :lol:
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby redline on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:29 pm

looks like i wouldn't be going have fun guys
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:17 pm

Sorry to hear that, Redline.

We'll hoist a drink or two for you :)
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
PlatinumWeaver

Postby redline on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm

thanks pw,
i noticed that you taking the first flight out, it going to be cold at 5:00am.
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:33 pm

Cold but cheap!! *laughs*

The less money I spend on airfares the more I can blow on lens and monopods and boooooooze..

and one of those circular eyepiece dealies.. I've lost my stock one..
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
PlatinumWeaver

Postby Nicole on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:07 pm

I'm arriving Saturday at 7:30am. Nice and early. :)

Not sure what time the activities start in the morning...will I have time to go to the motel and leave my other bag in someones room (can't check in until later)??
Nicole
Web Site
Nicole

Postby Matt. K on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:29 pm

I have to decided to take the friday off and make myself available for any interstate members who require a lift from the airport or helipad to anywhere else. If you need a lift on the Friday PM me or post here and I'll try and help you out. I Gotta make sure you members who have travelled far get to enjoy your stay. Birdie and I will run a shuttle service.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Melbourne