Bird people of Melbourne

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Bird people of Melbourne

Postby Jamie on Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:47 pm

Firstly ive got to say......Whats with all the pictures of birds! You all have me taking pictures of birds now, and i dont even really like them. :lol:

Anyway to my point....

Im in the middle of doing some reno work and painting the house and while cleaning out a cupboard of books i found a book that might be of use to someone (Reader's Digest - Complete Book of Australian Birds).

Its an old book and from what i can see its from the early 80's, 600 odd pages. by just flicking through it it gives you a picture of each bird (obviously), other names its called, identification, voice (sounds it makes), nesting habbits and its distribution (usually shown on a map of Aust).

If anyone would like this book and can put it to use rather than having it just sit on a bookcase, simply reply saying you will take it. BTW its for free!
If no one puts their hand up for it by this weekend its going in the bin with the rest of them. Ill be at Michaels camera store in the city Sunday 3rd July at 1:30pm if you would like to collect it then, or ill be at the Melb meet on the 10th if you would like to pick it up then, either is fine with me. Id rather give it to someone than just throw it. :)

**pictures NOT taken with D70** :P

Jamie
Jamie

Hi Jamie

Postby yeocsa on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:00 pm

Hi Jamie,

I would like to have the book, please.

Thank you.

regards,

Arthur Yeo.
yeocsa

Postby kipper on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:37 pm

Yep I think Arthur is a good choice. Both Nicole and I have the Simpson and Day so we've got books for IDing.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby avkomp on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:41 pm

I can recommend this book,
We are fortunate to have a copy of it at casa avkomp.
I look thru it all the time identifying birds that I tried to photograph. BTW, I dont suppose anyone knows some good spots for raptors around Sydney area??

Steve
avkomp

Postby Jamie on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:45 pm

Taken by yeocsa / Arthur, to be picked up Sunday. :)

Jamie
Jamie

Return to Melbourne