Newbie to D70 and photography

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Newbie to D70 and photography

Postby waspo on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:32 am

Hi all fellow Melbournites!
Just crossed over from DPreview to say hello and to look around the forum. I'm pretty new to photography and am loving the D70! Would like to learn lots more so hopefully I can pick-up some tips here and there and possibly meet up with a few of you at one of your next Melbourne stomps!
Cheers, Jase. :D
waspo

Location: Bentleigh East, Melbourne - SuPeR NikoN D7o aBuSeR!

Postby BBJ on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:04 am

Hi Jase, Good to see you come over, i know myself and Kristine gave you that nudge that you wont regret, we are a happy bunch here and willing to help anyone out if we can but you will find thereis lots of info if you try do a search first and if no luck fire away. After you contribute 30 post and submit a photo for us to look at you will get into some places on this forum that you cant now but will also allow you to the Bargain section to allow you to get great deals from Birddog. Anyhow mate have a read and enjoy and join in you wont regret it. Oh Yeh Jase maybe Birdy can help you out with some eclipse and pec pads, maybe cheaper than Nulab.

Cheers
John
BBJ
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby PiroStitch on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:56 am

Welcome Jase :)

Funny you mentioned coming to our next stomp as it's 3 weeks away :)

Check out this thread

Also please fill in your location ;) We know you're in Melbourne but which part. If you'd rather not disclose the suburb on a public forum, then say it's SE Suburbs, Sth Suburbs, etc.

Cheers,

Wayne
PiroStitch

Postby waspo on Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:46 pm

Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome. I look forward to joining you in Melbourne. It's all new to me and I really would like to see how others like yourselve's take photo's etc.
I'm in East Bentleigh by the way.
As far as Photo interests go. I really like fast action and am bending towards another passion of mine, Motobike racing and the like.
I also like Landscape, night and macro stuff.
Ah, well pretty much anything and everything really, but mainly sports action for now.
Anyway, I'll keep reading throught the forum and get a feel for the place.
waspo

Postby the foto fanatic on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:01 pm

waspo wrote:Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome. I look forward to joining you in Melbourne. It's all new to me and I really would like to see how others like yourselve's take photo's etc.
As far as Photo interests go. I really like fast action and am bending towards another passion of mine, Motobike racing and the like.
Ah, well pretty much anything and everything really, but mainly sports action for now.

G'day Jase
If you're keen on motor racing, you could do no better than check out some of BBJ's posts - his images are 1st class.
Similarly with cars - look for redline's posts, he has some beauties.
And welcome to the forum, you'll find plenty of interesting stuff around here.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby Kristine on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:52 pm

Hi Waspo

Welcome to the forum; glad you came over from DPReview. Like BBJ said, once you have been deemed a contributing member to the forum, a range of other sections in the forum will become available to you. You will also be able to grab some bargains!

Look forward to seeing some images posted in the near future. If you need free image hosting, just create an account at PixSpot (my website).
Kristine

Postby MattC on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:56 pm

Gidday Waspo,

Good to see you over here.

Cheers

Matt
MattC

Postby gstark on Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:19 pm

Jase,

Welcome.

waspo wrote:I'm in East Bentleigh by the way.

You need to put that into your profile. Even when your post count gets to an appropriate level, you won't get the extra benefits unless this has been done.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby waspo on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:22 pm

Thanks Kristine, Matt and Gary. I'll go through my profile and fill in the details.
Cheers, Jase.
waspo

Postby waspo on Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:01 pm

BBJ wrote:Hi Jase, Good to see you come over, i know myself and Kristine gave you that nudge that you wont regret, we are a happy bunch here and willing to help anyone out if we can but you will find thereis lots of info if you try do a search first and if no luck fire away. After you contribute 30 post and submit a photo for us to look at you will get into some places on this forum that you cant now but will also allow you to the Bargain section to allow you to get great deals from Birddog. Anyhow mate have a read and enjoy and join in you wont regret it. Oh Yeh Jase maybe Birdy can help you out with some eclipse and pec pads, maybe cheaper than Nulab.

Cheers
John
BBJ

Thanks John. Love the pic's on you site BTW. I want to follow in your footsteps in regards to motorcycle photography. I'm mad about them!!
Cheers, Jase.
Last edited by waspo on Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waspo

Postby waspo on Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:59 pm

cricketfan wrote:
waspo wrote:Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome. I look forward to joining you in Melbourne. It's all new to me and I really would like to see how others like yourselve's take photo's etc.

G'day Jase
If you're keen on motor racing, you could do no better than check out some of BBJ's posts - his images are 1st class.
Similarly with cars - look for redline's posts, he has some beauties.
And welcome to the forum, you'll find plenty of interesting stuff around here.

Thanks Trev, will have a good look around!
Cheers, Jase :)
waspo

Return to Melbourne