Friends of the Zoo - FOTZ Magazine

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Friends of the Zoo - FOTZ Magazine

Postby Nicole on Mon May 16, 2005 6:57 pm

I received an email from Brent at FOTZ today. Brent is on the editorial committee for the Melbourne FOTZ Zoo News magazine and arranges the photos. Brent is resigning and he has advised me that myself and Mudder are the only current contributors that satisfy the technical requirements. The Canon man is moving interstate so he won't be contributing in future.

For those Melbournians who are FOTZ members and interested in submitting their photos for the mag, now is a good time. It's a voluntary thing. Brent doesn't know who will be replacing him just yet. For anyone who is interested I can pass your email address on or you can contact FOTZ.
Nicole
Web Site
Nicole

Postby mudder on Mon May 16, 2005 7:01 pm

G'day,
I was at the zoo today and chatting with the staff at the Orangutan exhibit (the young Orang is just soooo cute, I'll post a pic in a tick) and they mentioned that brent was moving on... Dunno who's going to take the role on... I left my details with them today, so once I've got the new contact I'll let you know...

Miecw, you just joined FOTZ didn't you?
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby Nicole on Mon May 16, 2005 7:03 pm

I love that baby orang! Brent mentioned he was going to pass on my details. Looking forward to seeing what the issue is like next week. He said it was going to be a special 'thank you' issue. Nice guy. :)
Nicole
Web Site
Nicole

Postby PlatinumWeaver on Mon May 16, 2005 7:44 pm

I'll do it.

:)
PlatinumWeaver / Dean
Asking the Stupid Questions
<a href="http://www.platinumweaver.net/" alt="PlatinumWeaver Homepage">http://www.platinumweaver.net/</a>
PlatinumWeaver

Postby redline on Mon May 16, 2005 7:52 pm

i might be interested Nicole,
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby Nicole on Mon May 16, 2005 9:28 pm

OK. I've sent an email to Brent to make sure it's ok for me to pass on his details. I'll PM once he responds.
Nicole
Web Site
Nicole

Postby Nicole on Tue May 17, 2005 7:02 pm

I received a response from Brent. Since he is moving on he has asked that anyone interested in submitting photos send a disc to the FOTZ office (addressed to Zoo News) or drop it in to the FOTZ office at Melbourne Zoo. The address for FOTZ is:

PO Box 161
Parkville VIC 3052

I can't find the piece of paper that he gave me but to make the cover you need a 6MP camera, which of course the D70 is. When i first submitted I sent full sized Tiffs (~17MB). Then i started also sending jpegs as they were easier to browse through due to the smaller file size. For the covers they always go for portrait shots and they also look for room for the title. They use the 17MB files for covers. For the body of the magazine they can use the smaller size jpegs.

Mudder did you get a word doc from Brent with the guidelines?
Nicole
Web Site
Nicole

Return to Melbourne