CCD cleaning in Melbourne

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

CCD cleaning in Melbourne

Postby resnikov on Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:32 pm

Was hoping someone in Melbourne might be able to help me out and teach how to clean my ccd. I have read the posts on how to but i'm still very nervous on actually doing it.

Also where should I get the items need for cleaning in Melbourne?

Cheers

resnikov
resnikov

Re: CCD cleaning in Melbourne

Postby mudder on Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:36 pm

resnikov wrote:Was hoping someone in Melbourne might be able to help me out and teach how to clean my ccd. I have read the posts on how to but i'm still very nervous on actually doing it.

Also where should I get the items need for cleaning in Melbourne?

Cheers

resnikov

G'day,

You can either dry clean with a blower or wet clean with a swab of some kind... Generally I think the blower would get most stuff off and you don't have to swab the sensor which scares some people, it's OK after you've done a couple, easy to do.

Depending on where you are, one of us could give you a hand... Update your profile though, so members know where you are and someone will jump in... I've done mine a couple of times with no harm, but the blower is the best thing first up... Just use a good one like the "rocket"... Works well...

You can get cleaning stuff from a few places, locally at Nulab, or on the web at "Quality cameras" which I think others have purchased from and it's been all good I think...
http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=1356
Aka Andrew
mudder

Return to Melbourne