Lab printing @ "The Edge" (in Melbourne)

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Lab printing @ "The Edge" (in Melbourne)

Postby Aussie Dave on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:23 am

Hi all
just wondering if anyone in Melbourne (or interstate) has had prints done with "The Edge" in Collingwood, Melbourne ?

If so, did you have prints done with their Automated SRP machine or the Lambda ? Were you happy with your prints & the service you received ?

I am interested to hear any & all feedback....

I wasn't sure if I should put this into Trader Opinions or not, so if the mods feel this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move this thread.

Cheers :)
Dave
Nikon D7000 | 18-105 VR Lens | Nikon 50 1.8G | Sigma 70-300 APO II Super Macro | Tokina 11-16 AT-X | Nikon SB-800 | Lowepro Mini Trekker AWII
Photography = Compromise
Aussie Dave

Re: Lab printing @ "The Edge" (in Melbourne)

Postby genji on Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:05 pm

Aussie Dave wrote:Hi all
just wondering if anyone in Melbourne (or interstate) has had prints done with "The Edge" in Collingwood, Melbourne ?

If so, did you have prints done with their Automated SRP machine or the Lambda ? Were you happy with your prints & the service you received ?

I am interested to hear any & all feedback....

I wasn't sure if I should put this into Trader Opinions or not, so if the mods feel this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move this thread.

Cheers :)

i havent had any prints printed by them but have seen the results, the lambda prints are amazing!
i believe thats where all the Pro wedding and portraits photogs have their prints done.
[every man's work is always a portrait of himself.
Ansel Adams, Carmel, California, 1979]
genji

Postby redline on Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:20 pm

our school does their prints thru them.
we get a free 8x10 every week thru the server, looks good.
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby PossumCorner on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:17 pm

........... Cheers :)

Haven't used them but if of interest, did a "field trip" with the Camera Club last night, and we were shown through Digital Works pro lab over at Hallam, eastern suburbs. It was more than interesting and a real privilege I thought. Their website is
http://www.digitalworks.net.au and worth a look. For the vehicle photog people they also have a metallic paper that is not cheap but gives a just brilliant result. We'll certainly be using them from now. They also gave us a great run-through on calibrating our computer screens.

Edited to add: Genji, you said all the pro wedding work is done at The Edge. Not so, I would have thought it was all done at Digital Works. I guess they both handle a huge volume of professional work of all kinds.
PossumCorner

Postby mudder on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:33 pm

[Cheers :)

Just noticed the thread, thought I'd pop-in :)

I've used The Edge for all my recent printing, VERY happy with the results, used Lambda 200DPI prints for my stuff (not metallic though)... Have prints up to 32" wide for pano's and 16x24's and they've come up a treat...

Was recommended to them by some pro photog friends who use them exclusively for "normal" prints (they use another place in QLD for canvas printing)...

Very happy with their work, and seem quite competitively priced too... You can either drop-off your images on CD or just ftp them on the 'net which is what I did...

EDIT: Oooops, forgot to mention that I gave them single layer tif's in A-RGB.

Cheers.
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby Aussie Dave on Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:00 am

mudder wrote:

[Cheers :)

Just noticed the thread, thought I'd pop-in :)

I've used The Edge for all my recent printing, VERY happy with the results, used Lambda 200DPI prints for my stuff (not metallic though)... Have prints up to 32" wide for pano's and 16x24's and they've come up a treat...

Was recommended to them by some pro photog friends who use them exclusively for "normal" prints (they use another place in QLD for canvas printing)...

Very happy with their work, and seem quite competitively priced too... You can either drop-off your images on CD or just ftp them on the 'net which is what I did...

EDIT: Oooops, forgot to mention that I gave them single layer tif's in A-RGB.

Cheers.

thanks for your replies guys.
I haven't used them as yet, but look to do so very soon.
Dave
Nikon D7000 | 18-105 VR Lens | Nikon 50 1.8G | Sigma 70-300 APO II Super Macro | Tokina 11-16 AT-X | Nikon SB-800 | Lowepro Mini Trekker AWII
Photography = Compromise
Aussie Dave

Postby nodabs on Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:11 pm

i've been looking for a place to get some decent prints done how much are these guys and do they have a website?
nodabs

Postby owen on Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:36 pm

Hey guys. I've just sent off some prints to get done at http://www.rgbdigital.com.au
$17.50 for a 20" x 30"... and pretty fair prices across the range. I'll let you know what the quality is like when I get them back.
http://www.ausphotos.com - My Gallery

http://www.doesgodexist.com - a very interesting site.
owen

Postby Alex on Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:14 pm

PossumCorner wrote:
........... Cheers :)

Haven't used them but if of interest, did a "field trip" with the Camera Club last night, and we were shown through Digital Works pro lab over at Hallam, eastern suburbs. It was more than interesting and a real privilege I thought. Their website is
http://www.digitalworks.net.au and worth a look. For the vehicle photog people they also have a metallic paper that is not cheap but gives a just brilliant result. We'll certainly be using them from now. They also gave us a great run-through on calibrating our computer screens.

Edited to add: Genji, you said all the pro wedding work is done at The Edge. Not so, I would have thought it was all done at Digital Works. I guess they both handle a huge volume of professional work of all kinds.

I second what PC said. I haven't been to DigitalWorks physically, but I do order all my work from them now on-line. Outstanding results time after time at very low prices (comparable to 'non-pro' lab prices). Recently I did a 13 x 20 '' print from them and it was $13!! The work is done next day after you upload your files to them.

Alex
Alex

Postby olrac on Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:08 pm

I have found that Digitalworks is great for enlargements great value and quality.
olrac

Postby owen on Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:14 pm

owen wrote:Hey guys. I've just sent off some prints to get done at http://www.rgbdigital.com.au
$17.50 for a 20" x 30"... and pretty fair prices across the range. I'll let you know what the quality is like when I get them back.

Hi Guys.

Just updating this thread. I got the photos back today and they are terrific quality. Absolutely brilliant. 17.50 for a 20x30 inch print is great value.
http://www.ausphotos.com - My Gallery

http://www.doesgodexist.com - a very interesting site.
owen

Return to Melbourne