Where do you buy your camera accessories in Adelaide?

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Where do you buy your camera accessories in Adelaide?

Postby mickwhit on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:27 am

Hi Guy's and Girls,

I was wondering where you purchase your camera accessories around Adelaide.

Do you have any allegiances with a particular shop or customer?

Do you purchase most of your 'toys' online?

I'll start the ball rolling, I lived overseas in Malaysia so I bought most of my gear there (including my D70, 17-55 f2.8, 85mm f 1.4, 70-200 f2.8, SB800, EH5, Coolwalker, Manfrotto 155CLB with 141RC Head and my Lowepro Pro Trekker AW II.

I have recently purchased online a Kirk strap for my 70-200 f2.8 and I am in the process of ordering an SMC Pro 1 77mm Circular Polariser and a ND2 77mm filter online from http://www.2filter.com/

Lastly, I recently purchased a grey card from James Place Cameras.

So, where do you spend up?

Cheers,

Mick.
mickwhit

Postby birddog114 on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:29 am

This similar thread has been asked few times on this board :wink:

http://forum.d70users.com/viewtopic.php?t=2547
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Oops, sorry (nt)

Postby mickwhit on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:40 am

Oops, sorry (nt)
mickwhit

Postby Marvin on Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:49 am

Well, if you are being Adelaide specific.... nowhere if I can help it.
I went to a little store in Glenelg where they were excellent and very helpful, Eden Photographics I think they were called. I have bought from Diamonds in the past (until I realised the error of my ways and I also had to wait for almost an hour to get served!). Now I buy anything I need from Birddog on this forum. Once you get to 30 posts and an image (which you already have) you can join the "bargains" section and order super stuff through the forum (very cheap too!).
Marvin
Marvin

Postby robw25 on Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:16 am

mickwhit
i see you have ( amongst a lot of other stuff ) a 85 1.4 ??? is it really as good as i've read ???? have you used it for indoor sport or maybe inside a church ?

cheers rob
robw25

Postby mickwhit on Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:35 am

Hi Marvin,

I was actually being 'Adelaide' specific at the time I posted my thread. But it appears some Adelaide people have the same reservations about the stores in Adelaide as I do! I've given up on Diamonds, Teds as their customer service and knowledge is pretty ordinary. Photo Co. Camera House in the Central Markets are very helpful as too are the people in James Place Camera's although neither carried the items I was after nor had they heard of them so they were not sure if they could even order them in. (I'm still waiting after a month for a return phone call to advise me if they can get the items). SO I have resorted to buying online for the time being. I've yet to try Camera wholesalers on Hutt Street and I intend to check out Birddog's special offers. Thanks for the tips :-)

Cheers,

Mick.
mickwhit

Return to Adelaide and Perth