Dust Bunnies in Perth

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Dust Bunnies in Perth

Postby BullcreekBob on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:42 pm

G'day

I've read most of the literature and I'm happy to try cleaning my camera, but I'd appreciate it if there was an experienced bunny-killer happy to show me the process. I'm the sort of person that learns more from watching and listening, rather than reading.

I'm happy to arrange to meet a local Perth dweller at a time and place suitable and convenient.
Cheers

Bob in sunny Perth
What gear? Watch this space!
BullcreekBob

Postby hart on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:21 pm

If you're worried (as I am) about DIY sensor cleaning with a swab/physically touching the sensor, you can go a long way to keeping dust at bay by grabbing a decent blower (eg: Giotto Rocket Air blower).

Using the sensor cleaning function on your camera to expose the sensor, hold the camera face down (so dust falls out) and blow up into the camera - of course, make sure you're in a nice clean dust-free environment when doing this!

Don't put the nozzle anywhere inside the camera, blow from just outside. I have found this technique works as long as the dust hasn't adhered due to moisture - if the latter happens, you may need to get some courage and/or assistance ;)

YMMV (your millage may vary).

Cheers

Leigh
Canon stuff|Manfrotto Stuff|Karachi Outpost|flickr|blog|Elemental Exposure
hart

Return to Adelaide and Perth