Film scanning in Adelaide

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Film scanning in Adelaide

Postby amarkin on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 pm

Could someone recommend a photo studio in Adelaide to develop and scan film please?

Thanks
Nikon D50, 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 AF, 85mm F/1.8D AF, 50mm F/1.4D AF, Zorki-4, Jupiter 8 50mm F/2.0.
amarkin

Postby DanielA on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:02 pm

I have not tried them with film, but Black & White Photographics do film processing and scanning. Check out their price list and give them a call.

Daniel
Nikon D4, D2Xs, D70, Nikkors and Sigmas lenses from 10 to 400mm
www.DSAimages.com
DanielA

Postby amarkin on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:41 pm

DanielA wrote:I have not tried them with film, but Black & White Photographics do film processing and scanning. Check out their price list and give them a call.

Daniel

Thanks
Nikon D50, 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 AF, 85mm F/1.8D AF, 50mm F/1.4D AF, Zorki-4, Jupiter 8 50mm F/2.0.
amarkin

Postby baboo on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:45 am

I used to use Black and White photography to process my film when I lived in Adelaide.

I would highly recommend them. They're prices back then were pretty reasonable for the quality compared to other places (including places interstate).
baboo

Postby xorl on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:49 pm

I have discussed Black and White Photo with several photographers that used them quite a bit in the past for B&W film. Apparently their service was appalling - repeatedly scratching the film and blaming the customer when it was clearly their equipment that was at fault. I understand people generally have less hassle with their more mainstream services, but I'm still wary.

Personally, I've found that Atkins are extremely professional on all levels. I've used them quite a bit and the results have always been great.
Mark
xorl

Postby beetleboy on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:41 am

I would have said Duckpond...if the duck hadn't flown South and now resides at Atkins!

I haven't had any probs with B&W but have never used that philim stuff you speak of! :wink:
beetleboy

Postby xorl on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:44 am

True, I would have said Duckpond too pre merge. However, I've used Atkins a lot since the merge without issue. I guess there isn't really a lot of choice around Adelaide anymore.
Mark
xorl

Postby nat on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:12 pm

xorl wrote:I have discussed Black and White Photo with several photographers that used them quite a bit in the past for B&W film. Apparently their service was appalling - repeatedly scratching the film and blaming the customer when it was clearly their equipment that was at fault. I understand people generally have less hassle with their more mainstream services, but I'm still wary.

I hear you Xorl.......although I personally haven't had an issue, two of my friends have both had issues with scratching at B&W. They too were told that it must have been their fault.
nat

Postby xorl on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:00 pm

One of the cases I heard about involved getting several films from very different cameras developed as a batch. The scratches all occurred in exactly the same spot on each film. B&W still blamed the customer and refused to accept responsibility (?!).

Edit: To be fair, I should add that this would have occurred over 2 years ago..
Mark
xorl

Return to Adelaide and Perth