cheapest in adl

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

cheapest in adl

Postby dciscool on Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:26 am

whats the cheapest people have found the d70 with kit lens for in adelaide??
dciscool

Postby robw25 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:01 pm

dont know who is the cheapest but i get most of my gear from photographic wholesalers in hutt street
birddog on this forum has some excellent prices check him out !

cheers rob
robw25

birddog is da man!

Postby beetleboy on Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:25 pm

I bought mine from birddog but I think you have to be a "member" now to do so. You won't beat his price..trust me, I tried!!

Avoid James Place, Diamonds and Ted's (with the odd exception!).

For all the other bits and bobs there is actually a little place called "Stewart's Photography" in the "Market/Bazaar" shop down the little road opposite Buongiorno's on Rundle St. Really nice guy with loads of filter's etc for an absolute bargain. I bought a second hand Manfrotto 190 and 200 head for $150 and he chucked in a free UV for my 70-300mm.

While on "Stewarts" I recommend anyone that lives in Adelaide (or interstate visitors) go check out his gallery of black and white prints. Very nice..

Liam =]
beetleboy

Postby dciscool on Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:22 pm

thanks for the information
i found a nice little camera shop in north adelaide, its in that complex with fasta pasta.
They sell the d70, and have nice prints from digital cameras. They use a fuji frontier machine, with a little remote booth that u can put your CF card into and select prints yourself.
Not sure of the name of the place
dciscool

Re: birddog is da man!

Postby fozzie on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:44 am

Liam,

beetleboy wrote:I bought mine from birddog but I think you have to be a "member" now to do so. You won't beat his price..trust me, I tried!!

Avoid James Place, Diamonds and Ted's (with the odd exception!).

For all the other bits and bobs there is actually a little place called "Stewart's Photography" in the "Market/Bazaar" shop down the little road opposite Buongiorno's on Rundle St. Really nice guy with loads of filter's etc for an absolute bargain. I bought a second hand Manfrotto 190 and 200 head for $150 and he chucked in a free UV for my 70-300mm.

While on "Stewarts" I recommend anyone that lives in Adelaide (or interstate visitors) go check out his gallery of black and white prints. Very nice..

Liam =]

I will check this spot out 'Stewart's Photogrpahy' this coming Wednesday.

Cheers,
Leighton (aka)
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Cool

Postby beetleboy on Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:58 am

Keep your eye out for a fella with thin grey hair and a pony tail! Also, have a rummage through the filter draws - they are a treasure trove of bargains!

Liam =]
beetleboy

Re: birddog is da man!

Postby digitor on Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:02 pm

beetleboy wrote:For all the other bits and bobs there is actually a little place called "Stewart's Photography" in the "Market/Bazaar" shop down the little road opposite Buongiorno's on Rundle St. Really nice guy with loads of filter's etc for an absolute bargain. I bought a second hand Manfrotto 190 and 200 head for $150 and he chucked in a free UV for my 70-300mm.

Liam =]

Thanks, this is a new one on me! I'll check him out next time I'm in town for sure.

Cheers
What's another word for "thesaurus"?
digitor

Return to Adelaide and Perth